SXR tbm or worx intake grate?

hi im looking to buy a grate for my sxr i can get a used worx one or a new tbm wich want works the best i actually ride a blowsion carebon ride plate,

i can get the worx 225 for a 1/3 of the price. does anyone have opinions on this grate. I am looking for grate as well and the price cant be beat.

how much top speed do you think any of these two scrubs off.

Last edited:

Scorn800

Ride for life
I've run pretty much all the intake grates made for the SXR. I run the Skat cut back on my limited and TBM on my stocker. Both offer much better hook up than the worx. I perfer the Skat because it's stainless and heavy.

i run tbm intake grate with a stock rideplate on my practice ski its an 09 and my race ski i have a tbm intake grate and a tbm rideplate with the tbm rideplate it def rides more nose heavy

Scorn800

Ride for life
I run the JSU rear sponsons with TBM grate and plate on my Stock racer. I can go into a turn WFO and the boat hooks up awesome.
Once you have more power you need the front sponsons to keep the nose from subbing in turns. I've yet to test rear sponsons and front sponsons on a limited or open. I'm pretty sure your now allowed to run both in open and GP classes but I haven't raced in a few years.

i run worx rear sponsons on my ski with tbm intake and stock rideplate and i have tbm rear sponsons on my ski iwth tbm intake and ride hooks up like a mofo

Had a TBM Grate on SXR for 8 years and recently switched to R&D Stealth . Had to cut the wings off so it would fit in Skat pump shoe . Like stealth better than TBM as it hooks up better .

Big Kahuna

Administrator
i can get the worx 225 for a 1/3 of the price. does anyone have opinions on this grate. I am looking for grate as well and the price cant be beat.

how much top speed do you think any of these two scrubs off.

I started out with a Worx grate, It was ok, better than stock. The TBM is by far the best I have tried and I ran all of them. If you are planning to race, the TBM or Skat is the best ones that I found. If you are just playing around the worx is a good grate.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
I think the R&D stealth is the coolest looking one if that means anything.

Top Bottom