Throttle lever hitting hood

tmc9046

Semper Fi
My sx has a -1 AC pole with a shortend turn plate and O deg. bars.When I turn full left the throttle lever hits the hood.Really sucks when on the hood and pushing the throttle with thumb.Anyone have this problem.Is there anything I could do to fix this?:grumble:

Kwaka

NFC!
I had that problem on my old sx, if it's bad enough you get holes in the hood after a while from the pole bouncing when you crash. I built up the pole pad until it had enough clearance.

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
I had that problem on my old sx, if it's bad enough you get holes in the hood after a while from the pole bouncing when you crash. I built up the pole pad until it had enough clearance.

yeah.... make a pole pad with some foam and turf... or whatever you can put together...

tmc9046

Semper Fi
I guess thats what I will have to do.I really did not want to raise the pole if anything I would want to lower it to get a lower center of gravity.Wish I could afford one of those lowered carbon hoods.

Waternut

Customizing addict
I had that problem too. I ended up puting a piece of turf under the hood pad, a piece on top of the hood pad, and one on the bottom side of the handlepole as well. I still get a little scuffing every once in a while but it's much more rare.

One thing you said that I happened to notice...Why are you still using the thumb throttle?!?! Get yourself a finger throttle or if you're strapped for cash, get a brake lever. That alone will solve your problem. My brake lever hits the hood but my pole is -4".

Top Bottom