Super Jet Tiny Hands, finger throttle problem..............

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
alright, after this season, my hands cant take the crappy cheapo finger throttle. My hands are smaller (size medium gloves) and after I ride 30-40 min the pain in my wrist is killing me no matter how I adjust the throttle up or down. I tried using the exercise hand thing for about a month and its the same (but I can easily crush the skull of a kitten now) The only think I can think of is the throttle is just to far away for my finger and I have to stretch out. Does anyone else share my same dilemma? I was looking at some of the old threads, and it looks like the TBM is a good choice, and input?

Tiny+Hands+bk_tinyhands.jpg

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I don't have small hands but my wife does. I installed a shark-fab throttle on her ski a couple years back and then modded it with a bolt to get it closer to the bars. I have swapped in a couple different throttles for her to try out including an OEM and she insists that the one I modded is her favorite.

The other trick is to remove one of the return springs in the throttle linkage so you can obtain the lightest pull while still ensuring the carbs still close properly.

ymy6a8ug.jpg

Last edited:
I have small hands too and I run a tbm, most comfortable throttle I have used. I also run a thinner grip like the odi ruffians which halls to grip the bars. I have also used a kvpi in the past And liked that too.

I noticed grip size makes a big difference. Like you said you run ruffians, I also am comfortable with these with medium hands. Sometimes on friends rogues my hands get crampy. What throttle are you using? Oem, xmetal, PJS are very comfortable.

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I have the rogues, duh! this is my setup here, and if I just hold them I feel fine, its when I put my finger out it hurts. I have been using the rouges for years no with no problems. I used to have a KVLP (SP) and that was nice, but no I run the jetmaniac BB throttle cable and went to el-chepo

693205f6.jpg

Its all about the surf!
Sounds like your blaming the throttle lever when its most likely your grip thickness. The throttle reach is variable depending on your speed, so as long as you can hook your finger on it I would think your OK. Unfortunately, since your already using Ruffians, I don't know of any thinner grips to refer to you. I have smaller hands also and prefer really thin grips. MY Ruffians are wore down to the plastic and I refuse to replace them because I like them that thin. If they made a rubber no slip that I could paint on the raw aluminum bars similar to tool dip I would be stoked!

If I were you i'd change the rogues to ruffians and rotate your throttle up.

I also have problems with cramps on longer rides. My solution was a new cable with lighter return springs along with finding the right throttle position. BTW I also tried a stock trigger but found that it has less throw and requires more pressure than most aftermarket triggers. It was fine for holding pinned but horrible at part throttle.

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I just have a hard time believing its the grips, I have had them for years, the only new part is the throttle. Just by making a fist and putting my finger out, the pain goes into my wrist right now

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
...The other trick is to remove one of the return springs in the throttle linkage so you can obtain the lightest pull while still ensuring the carbs still close properly.

This is a risky move for safety. If remaining spring breaks, then you are in trouble. Better to replace both springs with lighter a/m ones.

I just have a hard time believing its the grips, I have had them for years, the only new part is the throttle. Just by making a fist and putting my finger out, the pain goes into my wrist right now

Listen to their advice. Different throttle will be better for you, but smaller diameter grips like ruffians will definately help you.

I like my CF throttle, I just adjusted the throttle cable so I could turn in the set screw alot (bought a long screw) I have small hands size med. glove as well and run the rouges, no one ever told me not too. My hands will get tired after a solid long ride but they do that on all my skis...

550/440

Maybe I'll get it all the way around NEXT time....
The Blowsion one on my wife's ski is nice and easy to reach. I just swapped out a TBM in it's place, but she wants the Blowsion one back, it just fits her hand better, and the longer lever is an easier pull for her. I like my KVPI, but it is a long reach and high angle of pivot so it takes a bit more to pull.

Top Bottom