Super Jet title issue

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
so I buy this superjet with title guy signs it and everything vin matches I build the ski in a month and go to transfer titles and register it well it comes back that he asked for a duplicate title 7 days ago so no I do not have most recent title and I cant transfer title and get my title for the ski dmv wont help they say bring back most recent title I have called him he doesnt answer at all so what to do now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

did he have the title notorized when it was signed? all the same you have a signed title and the ski

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
yea it was 400 I check vin and title it matched so gave him money and watched him sign and thats it thanks man have a good day and today I couldmt do anything at dmv but sit with my mouth open saying wtf is going on I dont think police are going to help but its worth a shot

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
yes I have a great running ski and a signed title for it but cant register it

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Dont go back to the local tag office, they are nothing but a bunch of a$$hats, and dont bother with the local cops either. Try going one step above them to the DHSMV, im not sure about where you are, but they have regional offices. Where im at there are only 2, one in pensacola, and one in panama city. They mostly handle stuff for dealers, do rebuilt inspections, vin verifications, etc. But they also handle issues for people like when a dealer doesnt produce a title in a timely matter and other title problems. You might try that, id say its your best bet. They are who the a$$hats at the tax collector call when they cant figure their a$$ from a hole in the ground. Id go up there with the ski and any paperwork you have and explain it to them. Im sure what he did is illegal. Actually, I have to go tomorrow to do a rebuilt inspection on a car we just finished. I will ask them what they think you should do.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Well theres others in the state, those are just the 2 nearest to me. I'll ask where the closest one is to daytona.

Don't need titles in WI. You could go to the wi dnr website, register the hin, get a registration card and numbers and you're legal. That's the end of it.

If you found someone in a state like that then your problems are over. Transfer the ski in and out of that state.

what was the guy gonna do with a duplicate title anyways? Make his own HIN number plate and register another ski? Thats :):):):)ed up. Id probably go to his house with a couple buddies(not to fight, just in case) and ask him what does he think he is doing? Hope it works out for you.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Duplicate titles arent free, so I'd say hes up to something. And doing the WS reg thing wont work when he tries to register it back to FL and theres still a current title out there that hasnt been surrendered, especially when its in some other persons name.

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
lol yea I tracked down one title to a ski and got it but this is different matter ever since I went yamaha titles have been night mares lol oh well if nothing ill always have my title on me and explain but im going to call tallahasee tommorow hopefully they can direct me somewhere but next time in orlando I will go to his house

Not that it would matter now, everytime I buy or sell a vehicle print a bill of sale from dmv site and fill out !!!! Protects you and the other person. And about the duplicate title...well I sold a dingy years back , people never registered it in their name and I get a renewel notice every year , so I got a duplicate title just in case I need one, since it was a homebuilt title to begin with, but that is a different story. I hope it works out for you man. Be careful at his house, people are crazy.

FL titles dont have to be notorized.

Regardless if the titles are required to be notarized or not, it would be good practice to ALWAYS have the title notarized and/or get a notarized bill of sale. Paper trails are extremely important these days and having a legal witness to the sale would be of great benefit if matters needed to be taken to court. I have turned my back on many "deals" due to not being able to obtain a notary or the seller refusing to have a bill of sale notarized. You have to look out for number one and sadly the general public cannot be trusted in this day and age...

Not that it would matter now, everytime I buy or sell a vehicle print a bill of sale from dmv site and fill out !!!! Protects you and the other person.

Yep, the bill of sale I use has an area for names, addresses, drivers license numbers etc. as well as an area for the notary to do their thing.. I also scratch the HIN at the top of the bill of sale when I buy a ski. Many people have called it overkill but I like having my bases covered IF something was to turn bad after the transaction.

Top Bottom