Other Title problems.....help!

I was given a ski a couple years back after an uncle that use to race died.i lived on a private lake so I didn't have any problems riding it unregistered but I moved and want u ride but I have no paperwork on it it has no registration #'s on it and I think it was last registered in Texas.can I do a vin search or something?

Contact your local boat comissioners office, and explain the situation. I'm not familiar with florida laws, but assuming you have some kind of paper work proving your uncle owned it at one time, you should have no problems since you received the ski from a relative.

JPCharmin

just order him a turd
if it was last registered in TX - that means it was titled in TX.

you can query ownership via this link. You'll need to provide your contact information and on the following page you enter either the TX number, or the HIN

https://apps.tpwd.state.tx.us/tora/legal.jsf;jsessionid=9A04D4D2233B328A3686F7211496B434

yup, that is exactly where i was going to direct him. I had/have the same problem and this was very helpful in finding out who it was registered to.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
If your in FL you can get a home built title same day easy and be riding a hour later.

x2. I had to do that with a jon boat (fiberglass). Couldn't get away with it on an aluminum jon boat. I guess it's hit or miss.
I was able to show the re-built transom, re-jelled bottom etc... on the fiberglass boat and they let it slide as a DAN-Craft 2005.
On the aluminum....they didn't buy it.

Could be worth a shot. They have no clue what they are looking at when it comes to stand-up jet ski's.

Top Bottom