toggles suck

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
I know this topic has been covered in other threads, however...has anyone ever had a toggle that won't go off? I bought a "waterproof" toggle from Academy sports and have used it maybe 1.5 months and it crapped on me. I found out because my batt was dead after one ride this past weekend. I went back the next day and the batt was dead. Charged it up that night. Rode the following day and all was cool till I went to shut it down after riding and the brain wouldn't turn off. Never had a toggle stay on continuous.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Most of the toggle switches found at Academy, Wally World, Kmart, etc are garbage. They depend on the rubber toggle boot for all the protection. You need one that is fully sealed with an internal elastomer. You can run them without the boot and you'll still be fine.

I found the ones that I sell, because I had exactly the problem you are having.

If you want a decent one, hit me up. A bunch of guys on here have bought these from me, and I haven't heard of even one crapping out. :bananapowerslide:

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
my JSS toggle has been working for years...

then again my boat has never, and will never touch salt.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
8002k71 is about $18 and rated as water tight, oil washdown too.

with shipping though, SXis switch is a better deal.

Unless like me, yuou have a mcmaster carr order about once per week for SOMETHING...

wydopen

onthepipe
Fat girls? He's might as well be unloading in the sink....Fat girls need love too:grouphug:

:lmao:

i always laugh when i see how paranoid people are about taking their skis in the salt..i always get people saying oh i cant believe u take that in the ocean...this weekend i met some of my g/fs friends from college..it took me about 50 times to explain to them that i ride in the OCEAN..they couldnt comprehend for some reason ....its ok more waves for us ;)

Last edited:

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
******K you guys
i said my boat hasent touched the salt, i'll be glad to ride your's... wife that is

hangtime

Speak up ,don't kiss azz
Jet ski's are made for the saltwater and no harm whatsoever comes from riding in it .
Might as well quit now grif .

The rotary switches are the only switches to have IMO .Toggles suck ,even marine grade ones .

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Switches are stupid...get a Rulemate 750 bilge with a built in floating pingpong ball switch.
Best pump ever and no need for stupid switches.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Been using the JSS switch for three years now, fresh and salt.
No problems.

As for McMaster....I'd rather send my money to a Jetski business. But then again, I don't have an axe to grind. :biggrin:

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Switches are stupid...get a Rulemate 750 bilge with a built in floating pingpong ball switch.
Best pump ever and no need for stupid switches.

The pump is great but it won't fit in the bottom of the superjet hull because it is too big. I had to mount mine on the rounded part that is a couple of inches above the lowest part of the hull. It took a lot of water before it turned on, so it has a rule 360 that runs continuously as a friend now.

Top Bottom