Top end is shot!!!

yay on the ski I just bought with the "new" "ported" motor. Needs a top end and has bone stock portwork. Who should I have bore it? Do you all just order pistons and have a local shop bore it or send it off? Also, I have done the port work on all my banshees and they have turned out great but they are for top end. If I want some port work done for bottom end power should I do it myself or have it done?

Anyone have an idea on price for this, my broke ass college student budget and my new wife are going to kill me!!!!!

Rickster

Matakana Menace
yay on the ski I just bought with the "new" "ported" motor. Needs a top end and has bone stock portwork. Who should I have bore it? Do you all just order pistons and have a local shop bore it or send it off? Also, I have done the port work on all my banshees and they have turned out great but they are for top end. If I want some port work done for bottom end power should I do it myself or have it done?

Anyone have an idea on price for this, my broke ass college student budget and my new wife are going to kill me!!!!!

Count on $150 for two pro-x pistons, and $40 per hole for machine work. You should be able to do it for under $300.:cheer:

Sorry to hear you misfortune...

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Most local machine shops can do the work, just give them your new pistons so they can measure them for the proper clearance. Also make sure to chamfer the ports so you don't snag a piston ring.

Top Bottom