Other trailer bearings

As for where to buy, pretty much any auto parts store or tractor supply. Use good marine grade bearing grease.

Though I've just found it easier to buy entire hubs, with the races already in and the bearings and slap them on.

Something like this http://www.amazon.com/Tie-Down-Engi...68348200&sr=8-4&keywords=trailer+hub+assembly

Reason I buy the whole thing is that I snapped an old hub in half pressing the races out once, and for the extra $15 the assembly cost over just bearings/races it just wasn't worth my time.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
As stated by the above guys-tractor supply sells the complete hubs ready to slide on the axle for about 45.00 per side. EASY BUTTON!!!

Kohldanielzimmer

Sierra Nevada Runoff Rider
Site Supporter
I recently went through this. The only issue I had with buying the complete hub was that it came with chinese bearings, not the Koyo's that lasted since 1990. I found this out after purchasing the hubs, as its the only moving part i took a quick trip to Napa to buy replacement Koyo bearings and Timken race. Pricey but I hope they last another 20 ish years.

- -To answer your question about how to figure out what bearing it is... There should be a number on the outer face of the bearing. I will depend on the size of the spindle which you could measure with some calipers/ micrometer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom