SX/SXi/SXi Pro Trim systems for 750????

What trim systems are available for kaw 750's? All i see is yamaha trims on how-to forum.

Please show some pics, custom built and aftermarket kits. Write ups would be awesome.

Trying to get some ideas for end of summer modifications, the cheaper the better.

Thanks,

Stickly McSticky :cool:

C.A.T.S

1. X-2 trim nozzle, you will need to take it apart and flip the trim ring to run off the right side and grind a little off the top right side for extra throw, I picked mine up from John at Jetski Haven for $35. You may also want to run a sea-doo style steering cable end, gives a little more extension to the cable and bolts to the nozzle so it can't pop off.

2. Cable, I have a couple of motorcycle shops in town that build custom cables and I just bought 10ft of cable housing, 11ft of cable, 2 cable end caps, 1 solder on cable end, 1 cable end with a set screw for adjustment. Soldering the cable end on is easy as long as you use lead solder, do not use lead free solder it won't stick! Mine cost me $28

3. You need to go to a bike shop and get a pair of v-brake levers. From what I found they run about $15+, I got mine for $10 used. Also most of the shops I went to were A-holes when they asked what I was using them on FYI.

4. Pump-cable bracket, I used a piece of 3/16 diamond plate aluminum I had and drilled and tapped a hole in the top to thread in the fitting from the extra lever.

5. Cable routing through hull, on mine I removed my factory bildge and just ran my cable through there, I got rubber caps, drilled a hole in it and filled it with glazing silicone so its easy to remove and change should I have to. The other way is to drill and run pvc through your hull, I would still use the rubber caps on each end, I picked them up at the auto parts store, I think they are 1/2in vacume caps. I don't reccomend removing your factory bildge, but it worked for me, and I am running duel 1100gph bildges and duckbill drains (soon to be versa-plugs).

6. Attaching the cable to the pump was the hardest thing for me to figure out, because I make things to complicated. All you need to do is loop the cable around the ball stud on the trim ring and use the adjustable cable stop to tighten it. I had to had to adjust mine a couple of times to get the slack and strech out of the cable. Now I can adjust on the bars if I need to while riding.

7. You will also need to notch out your tray depending on how much up throw you want. I went pretty extreme on mine and decieded to build a cover/kick wedge for my tray.

I hope this helps, I know this would have made it a lot easier for me.

Attachments

• IMG00144-20100518-2053.jpg
    IMG00144-20100518-2053.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG00141-20100518-2049.jpg
    IMG00141-20100518-2049.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG00143-20100518-2050.jpg
    IMG00143-20100518-2050.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:

Does the x2 trim nozzle bolt right up to the 750 pump? Also, is your diamond plate only used as the pump cable bracket? What angle would you guess you have when fully engaged?

I like how you used the cable stop to attach.

Thanks,

Does the x2 trim nozzle bolt right up to the 750 pump? Also, is your diamond plate only used as the pump cable bracket? What angle would you guess you have when fully engaged?

I like how you used the cable stop to attach.

Thanks,

Yes, the x2 nozzle bolts right up, plus its 84mm, stock sx is 80mm. I still run the pump wedge turned up for more throw. I am not sure on the exact degree of angle, but would guess around 25+. The diamond plate is the cable bracket, I just threaded it to accept the adjustment screw off the extra lever. Looping the cable and attaching it with cable stop was not my idea I got it from another member on here. Good luck!

I just found this post and have ordered all parts needed to install a flip trim. cant wait to get home and mod a trim system, a shop brought system is way to expensive this system should be less then 1/4 of the price.

thanks for the insight

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
lol, true that, 509 helped me with mine aswell. cut out the bolted up a flipped X2 nozzle, and started cutting until it cleared the full throw of the nozzle. and then worked around that. its def. a winter project, not something ur gonna knock out in a weekend. you'll know uve done it right where ur new nickname among ur riding grounp becomes "bump-it" (yes, from the infomercial on women's hair doe's because of its similar shape..buts its alight, cause we all know they are just jealous because u have a trim, and they don't!!!) lol.

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
u need to make a small extension piece for the steering cable up by the bars, also u need to swap out the ball/cup pivot at the pump end with a Seadoo style pivot arm.... i bought one at my LHS and just drilled and re-tapped the hole so it would thread onto my steering cable.

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
Also... the pump pressure will automatically keep the nozzle in the straight (static) position. in order to get the trim to work, you'll have to sorta hop to clear the pump for a split second, pull the lever in and hold it... there is too much pressure from the pump to just be able to pull the lever while riding. i run a light return spring on mine so that when on the trailer when everyone is playing with it, the nozzle/lever springs back

Top Bottom