Freestyle Trim Uses - An Ignorant Individual

Yea, what does trim do? I always thought it was so that when you hit a wake or what ever, the jet blasts the back end more forward (the nose coming up), but then I read people use it to create set up wakes more than anything, is this true? As crazy as it sounds, this winter I will be tearing my 650sx apart and putting it back together with the intention of trying to back flip off a wake next year. How much does trim help with a wake, and without a wake (making your own wake)? And does it help with any other tricks (barrel roll)?

Thanks!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Two uses:
1. Backflips - pulling the trim as you leave the water vectors the thrust so that the nose comes up and around. You're not just pushing the ski up and out of the water, but you're also pushing the back end forward. Basically, it speeds up rotation.

2. Bigger setup wake. It does this by raising the nose and sinking more of the back end into the water. Bingo, bigger wake.

Another use:

3. When spraying other people with jet blast, trim can greatly extend the blast range and/or more properly aim for the face. BAM! Also applies to fountains.

Last edited:
Doesn't it also help with barrels? Besides creating larger setup wakes, doesn't it help add rotation if you are leaving the wake from an angle?

Top Bottom