TS Style Start/Stop Switch Cover on eBay

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWA...011QQitemZ320155453136QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I know it is 55 bucks but the best I have found is 64 bucks on Ron Ayers.com and Ron will rip you for 15 bucks shipping... I know because I recently broke down and bought one since all the ones I see used on eBay go for way too much. This one is NEW! Other used ones I have bought before became brittle after a years of being out in the sun. I figured if anyone is like me and would rather have new... then it is worth a few more bucks. Besides, message the sell and try to get them to lower the price for you.

DBR

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Yeah I bought one of those 440/550 style PJS ones too. You can get the faceplate for it for around 32 bucks. I have a recent thread where I bought both styles of face plates.

That being said... lanyards are for wusses! So I have a face plate handy so I can let my friends ride my ski... I don't need one!

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
That being said... lanyards are for wusses! So I have a face plate handy so I can let my friends ride my ski... I don't need one!

I used to say the same thing. In daytona my carb rattled loose. The ski SHOT off on its own at about 50% throttle, and I fell off. It would have kept going! I paid almost $70 for the lanyard face plate shipped, and I thought it was a waste. I didnt that day.

cattledog

EH TEAM RACING
I used to say the same thing. In daytona my carb rattled loose. The ski SHOT off on its own at about 50% throttle, and I fell off. It would have kept going! I paid almost $70 for the lanyard face plate shipped, and I thought it was a waste. I didnt that day.
that is the reason i am getting one i had throttle stuck on 550 once,very scarey

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Yeah I have had my skis over the years to "run away" before too. On an X2 if it gets water in it and leans over to one side like they do, sometimes they don't want to circle propperly.

I remember a world finals? or just another freestyle event where Malone or Lenzi, I can't remember had their ski get away from them in the middle of a routine. Then again freestyle guys usually don't wear a lanyard.

Stil though, the best price I have found for the face plate is $64 plus shipping (around $15) from Ron Ayers.com. Riva or Bike Bandit want around $80 some for the same part!

There was a used face plate only on eBay recently and they wanted $60 plus shipping. Considering that one I posted a link to is new, it would make a nice home for someone....

Yeah I bought one of those 440/550 style PJS ones too. You can get the faceplate for it for around 32 bucks. I have a recent thread where I bought both styles of face plates.

old thread but i gotta comment on it! Back in 1997 our X2 took off across the lake by itself when my friend slipped off as he was starting off. It probably went nearly a mile, steering toward a floating dock with people swimming on it and then about 100 yards out it turned towards the rocks and crashed. I had no chance of catching it on the 650sx I was on. So who cares if lanyards are for wusses. Not only could they save your ski from doing something like this, but it could save someone from serious injury or death!

Top Bottom