tsunami warning!

chriselmore_1

high on resin
justlooked @ my weather channel app and there's a tsunami warning for cali and oregon! What's the tide like? Did they shut the beach down? Last time that happened the tide was all the way up the ramp at the grand enterance

chriselmore_1

high on resin
yep. Just wonderin about the pismo conditions. Last time the wave from the tsunami were only like 2 feet. It was kinda weird to have 6 to 8 foot sets then have a 2 footer roll through...

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
just spoke with mark gomez, they cleared the beach at 4am, 3 foot wave will be here around 8am.

"Large fishing boats and other sea vessels rode high waves into the cities, slamming against overpasses or scraping under them and snapping power lines along the way. Upturned and partially submerged vehicles were seen bobbing in the water. Ships anchored in ports crashed against each other."

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
yep. Just wonderin about the pismo conditions. Last time the wave from the tsunami were only like 2 feet. It was kinda weird to have 6 to 8 foot sets then have a 2 footer roll through...

A tsunami isn't like a wave, but rather like a surge. Even 20ft surf won't go past the beach, but a 3ft tsunami likely will do that because it's a temporary 3ft water level rise.

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
my daughter is living in japan and just spent the night in a shelter as she couldnt get home from school
since transportation is not running she cant get home
the devastation in japan is brutal

Cannibal

Tasty Human
They evacuated some places about 10 miles from here and kept the beaches closed all day. Tsunami brought 3' here. Tide was already on it's way out by about 3 hours when it hit here or I'm sure it would have been much worse. We've had some very high tides because of some serious rain. In fact, the local river is supposed to be a few inches above flood stage tomorrow at high tide. If the tsunami had hit then, with another 3 feet, we'd have it pretty bad here.

Top Bottom