tubbies for sj

i did tubbies on my sj and it was somethign to get used to the first ride out but then i loved them.......i gusse its also a personal opinion also some pl like to have them others done. i ride the flats and the surf love it in both

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I did a bunch of research before I installed mine and somehow came to the conclusion that I should mount them flush with the bottom of the ski, not up a 1/4" to 1/2" like the instructions. They were awesome in the surf and I wouldn't ride without them now but the chine walk on the flat was dangerous. At high speeds they can catch and cause the ski to vear and pitch me over the bars. It's rideable but it will take some getting used to.

Will raising them up from the bottom help this? I had understood that keeping them flush would decrease chine walk.

Anyway, great product just bad placement on my part.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Mine are up 1/4 and it handles like $hit at some speeds on flat river water, I did find however it was much worse with the stock rideplate than with the Dcut plate.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Mine are up 1/4 and it handles like $hit at some speeds on flat river water, I did find however it was much worse with the stock rideplate than with the Dcut plate.

The flat water I was on was a river as well and John complained that his stock SJ was doing the same thing. I blamed the tubbies but he didn't have tubbies. Is it something to do with the current?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter

They do that. However, after a while of riding with them you get used to it and don't even notice it anymore.

Top Bottom