SXR Tubbies on the SXR ( For and against ) ?

Hi guys

What do you mean about putting tubbies on a SXR?

I think it would be ripping the scale for racing. But would it destory the fun of wave surfing, 180" 360", nosediving and so on?

Let me know what you think?

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
I've got Tubbies and they're odd. They really murder turns but chine walk when you're running straight.

yea ive noticed that too shonuff.. im running tbms on two of my skis i like them jsut take some time getting use too

Do you guys notice that your tubbies keep the pump planted? I have noticed that my SXR comes unglued in a hard corner sometimes, then hooks back up. I'm running a Solas mag pump, it feels more like a handling problem, or maybe my throttle finger is letting up a little too much! LOL

i havent really noticed that much.... i notice i slide more thats why im throwing my rear sponsons on.... im going to do more testing this weeekend

I have destroyers on my closed course sxr. Flat water you can tell the ski wants to turn but once the water has a touch of chop to it they are super stable. I also have them on my freeride surf RN's and I love the way they handle in the surf too. Lemme put it this way, I won't own another ski without them..

...Blowsions destroyer tubbies, alberto monti tubbies and TBM`s tubbies...
Are there any difference between them (besides the instalation) and once there mounted could I feel wich one it is?
-Asking cause I gonna get me a pair but dont know wich one....

Not knocking other manufacturers but I have three skis with destroyers on all of them, 2-SXR's, 1- SN. These are solid, no foam backing, mount and fit very well. Well worth the extra money IMO. And has been said, I won't own an OEM ski without them anymore.

powerhouseperformance

www.PHPSKI.com
Site Supporter
I've tried them all on my race skis over the last 7 years. here's is the lowdown on sxr sponsons for you;

If your looking for some extra stability in rough chop or big water conditions the tubby destroyers work great. they are wider than the original style sponson for the sxr. They also help is you have a problem with nose subing in tight corners. They dont make the the ski nearly as unhappy cruising in a straight line as the race sponsons either....but, and here's why they got torn off my race boats - they are also not nearly as agressive as the older style sponson (macc racing, wave, tbm,ect) when cornering really hard on a bouy course. They will let the rear end break loose when pushed to the limit in the corners. The thinner more agressive ones dont do that, but they DO NOT like to leasurely ride straight anymore. The ski does get pretty darty with this type of sponson, but when you ask it to rail a corner it will no matter how fast your going:) If you decide on the more agressive thinner ones tbm's and the wave sponsons out of hot products are completely solid without the lame backer foam that the Macc's have. All of those style sponsons are nearly identical from one another. Hope this helps you out. I've raced pro class for the past 8 years with sxr and handling was the most scrutinized area of concern.

i made some destroyer style tubbies when i rebuilt my 04 sxr and i love the way it rides. i ride mostly tx surf and jump yacht wakes. i also shortened the ski and rockered the nose. i cant get my ski to pearl, it still tracks stright when im chaseing down a boat but, i cant really say if it helps carving bouys IMG_3068[1].jpgIMG_3176[1].jpg

Top Bottom