tubbies

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
If you have a Super, the Tubbie IIs are the way to go from what I hear. Great for flat water handeling. If your ridding in the surf, Tubbie I s, will keep the nose from going under on the face of a wave.

Not to many flat water freestyle guys like either from what I hear.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
tubbies not to good for flat water FS............ got to remember, that they were orignally designed for racing using rear sponsons...... If I were racing a sj then I would have them along with rear sponsons........

Watty

Random Performance
Yep, I use tubbie 2's race race and freestyle.

The freestyle part take s abit of getting used to as the nose wanders a bit on hood tricks, but like anything, you get a grip on it, and you forget that it was even happening.

I rode a stock Superjet the other day without tubbies, and damn, what a nightmare!

Im pretty sure Id benifet from these also,can someone explain the diggest diffrence, riding one that has them and one that doesnt,I really enjoy surfstyle and riding the lip,so it seems they would help a good bit.

hangtime

Speak up ,don't kiss azz
masterblaster said:
Im pretty sure Id benifet from these also,can someone explain the diggest diffrence, riding one that has them and one that doesnt,I really enjoy surfstyle and riding the lip,so it seems they would help a good bit.

It makes your boat wider which in turn makes it more stable in the surf .
The tubbies 2 get installed a little lower or maybe have a little different shape than the tubbies 1 providing a nice little edge for carving at the same time adding stability .
I believe you can install the tubbies 1 an inch lower and it gives you the same result as the tubbies 2 :headbang:

The 1's are rounded into the hull basically just making your hull wider and the 2's are concaved from the hull out to the outer edge of the tubbie. I would recomend getting the 2's unless you are going to use the ski for strictly surf riding. I have the 2's and are very happy with them.

They would be stricly for surf riding for me,Id like the setup that provides the most stability,Im a converting b1 rider and this thing feels like riding a razor blade. I saw a ski at the daytona meet with them breifly,does anyone have a decent pic of them takin from the side and the front to compare the 1s vs the 2s?

beachedflunkey

wavejunkies
masterblaster, you already have side sponsons don't you? Post a pic when you get back down to your ski and see if anyone knows the type or can compare them to the tubbies. I didn't notice much difference between yours and mine (no sponsons) but I didn't really surf the waves with yours.

those little flat sponsons are a long way from these type they are talking about here,I could hardly tell the diffrence between my boat and yours either.

Top Bottom