Tuning question

Hey guys,

93 650sx 150psi both cylinders.
Westcoast full exhaust.
Westcoast waterbox
Sbn44 carb
I believe the inpeller is stock.

Currently the motor has the stock head. But I have a westcoast high compression head with 30cc domes that I haven't put on yet.

I don't feel like the ski gets out of the hole well. It doesn't bog, or load up but it also doesn't really jump out if the hole. Also I dont believe it's reaching it's top end well.

I will hop out of the water it will bounce off the limiter and then bog like it's under powered once the pump fills up again. As far as redline goes I don't feel like it's achieving it.

The carb is jetted with a 110 low and a 150 high.

I run 40:1 mix with 91 octane.

Any ideas on settings or jets? I am going to put the high compression head on next week. Is the Jetting more geared towards the high compression head?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Jetting looks ok but you are most likely over propped. I had a few of those 650 motors with that setup. the stock waterbox is really restrictive and that pipe puts a lot of water in the exhaust.

"Over propped" meaning I should look into an inpeller better setup for low end?
Jetting looks ok but you are most likely over propped. I had a few of those 650 motors with that setup. the stock waterbox is really restrictive and that pipe puts a lot of water in the exhaust.

Top Bottom