Turning your SX-R to freestyle mode

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Cut your rideplate off flush and get more brap (a pipe, higher compression and a lightened flywheel). You don't need trim.

Footholds will help you jump wayyyyy higher than trim.

(I think I need some trim...lol)

WET BOX

STL Crew
Cut your rideplate off flush and get more brap (a pipe, higher compression and a lightened flywheel). You don't need trim.

Footholds will help you jump wayyyyy higher than trim.

(I think I need some trim...lol)

I need some good trim to too DJ! Know where to find some good one(s)

:bananapowerslide:

BTW, trim is unnecessary, trust me I have it and wouldn't do it again. It is something to play with though. X2 trim conversions can be done very inexpensively though.

Later

SXRguyinMA

Life's a beach
I agree, I shortened my hull and stock ride plate by 4" and pole by 1.5" and it jmps way better. need to go shorter on the pole though, and I should hopefully be putting in some footholds soon. I've got the blowsion mat kit with side lifters, those help a little, but they dont hold like footholds do. I also added a wamiltons stubby pump cone, seemed to help with the hit off the bottom as well

Last edited:

ross_taylor800

Ride it like a rental
feel a little attacted to our tbm rideplate do we? lol no im the same way about cutting. I just put footholds with a 1 inch kick pad from hydroturf and a composite ride plate from wamiltons and my boat get out of the water pretty good.
by the way, i need trim to haha

I've got trim but I don't know if I'm emotionally ready to part with my TBM rideplate.

feel a little attacted to our tbm rideplate do we? lol no im the same way about cutting. I just put footholds with a 1 inch kick pad from hydroturf and a composite ride plate from wamiltons and my boat get out of the water pretty good.
by the way, i need trim to haha

shorter the plate , the better the nose comes up

Mark44

Katie's Boss
k

I need some good trim to too DJ! Know where to find some good one(s)

:bananapowerslide:

BTW, trim is unnecessary, trust me I have it and wouldn't do it again. It is something to play with though. X2 trim conversions can be done very inexpensively though.

Later

Agreed I wouldn't do it again even on my SJ. I use it for nothing.

Mark44

MEZZ

"Life is good Green"
You can even find a zxi 750 pump on e-bay and take out the stock pump wedge that is in they it fits the sxr800 pump to . install it up side down to bring the nozzle 4degrees up. this will make the nose of the ski mad lighter. flush ride plate works too but be sure this is what you want you will lose some nice sxr tracking caricteristics aka holdding a corner.

Top Bottom