Versiplug installation PICS...

kraqus

Site Supporter
Since the engine is out on my RN I would like to install an exit valve.
I don't want to install a scupper because seriously I don't have a need for it.

I also plan on running one of the Veriplugs:
http://www.pwcdoctor.net/VERSIPLUG.html

These are the two scenarios where to cut the hole for it.
#1 will be a straight shot from the back and I can use the PVC tube,
with some teeth cut into it, to make my way through the foam.

I would prefer to cut the hole where #2 shows but.....
Will it also be a straight shot from the back, at an angle of course?
Will I run into something in the tray?

Scupper_plan.jpg

Benny

Last edited:

Cannibal

Tasty Human
I'm in the process of doing 2 of the screw in versiplugs with 2 3/4" pvc tubes on either side like you have #2, but mine will both dump next to the pump shoe into the pump well. The one on the right side of the ski (starboard) will exit where the steering tube was (it's relocated on mine now) and the one on the left (port) will be where the old syphon bilge line was.

Now, if you do use that screw in style versiplug, get the seadoo/honda/polaris version because the threads are actually 3/4" and will seal up to the tube better. The Kawi and Yamaha versions are a bit smaller.

Once I have mine done, I'll post some pics. Plugs should be here on Friday.

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Oh, and BTW, there will be no way you are going to make a straight shot from location #2 to the back of the hull. You are looking at a compound curve. From the back it will have to turn right and down to get there. Just install it in position #1 for now, and if (when) you have to re-foam, do whatever you like then.

Also, if only installing 1, I'd look at the versiplug max. It installs into a 2" PVC pipe.

kraqus

Site Supporter
Done! Order placed....:fing02:

Question?
What do you use to glue the PVC pipe to the Hull? Epoxy with filler a.k.a "peanut butter"? JB weld? do you glass over it?

Anyone using this set up? Pictures?

Benny

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
You let go and have to swim to it. It's happened to me more than once.
The sinking slowed down considerably since I changed out the $8.99 Home Depot valve with a Blowsion one way.
I think the spring tension in the HD valve is too low.

kraqus

Site Supporter
I got my Versiplug today....and a T-shirt....and some stickers....you guys ROCK man!!!

IMG_1394.jpg

It is an ingenious design concept and well engineered....SOLID!

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

p.s: Sorry about the picture quality....something is up with my camera or the lighting in the kitchen made them come up blurry.

Benny

Last edited:

kraqus

Site Supporter
I made the Hole in the back using a 2-3/4 Hole saw. Yes it is a big opening but when you see the end result you will understand.

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

I wanted to make the hole inside the bilge but......What is up with that? there is a bolt and part of the upper deck in my way. Is it safe to grind that piece enough so that I can have a better fit for the PVC tube?

IMG_1423.jpg

As you can see, it is in the way.

IMG_1428.jpg

I believe it should be more centered like this:

IMG_1429.jpg

Benny

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
Nice pics Benny, keep us posted! That valve looks really nice, but it kinda bugs me that the oriface is so small compared to the tube diameter. Am I missing something?

kraqus

Site Supporter
Any input on that upper deck piece with the bolt on would be greatly appreciated. I have seen some pictures now and it looks like it can be safely removed. What is the purpose of it then? I think I will just trim enough so I can positioned the PVC pipe the way I want.

Benny

Here's pics of mine installled, I just cut that off and ground it smooth

Attachments

• 101-0112_IMG.jpg
    101-0112_IMG.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 101-0122_IMG_2.jpg
    101-0122_IMG_2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Top Bottom