Wave Raider 1100 motor in SJ

uncleuno

X-h20KC
Theres a local guy that builds and races skis who said he has always wanted to transplant a 1100 motor in a SJ. He has a motor an I have a hull . I just was wondering if the power to weight ratio would even be worth it?

wayne

wannaroll
i remember seeing the one with the 1200 in it in a video. i think the guy posted and said it quit turning. when he got back to shore the plastic turn nozzle was busted half off. he suggested getting a metal turn nozzle as the thrust busted the plastic one.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
i remember seeing the one with the 1200 in it in a video. i think the guy posted and said it quit turning. when he got back to shore the plastic turn nozzle was busted half off. he suggested getting a metal turn nozzle as the thrust busted the plastic one.
that is total BS.

wayne

wannaroll
in the video the plastic nozzle was busted. it may have been precracked prior to the ride, but it was busted when he put it on the trailer in the video.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Carmine Colangelo (SP!) had the SJ with the 1100/1200 in it, he sold it to a guy in Norway or Sweden. Carmine is a racer from NJ/NH area racing a Kawidoo now. Tim Judge helped him with the final tuning when the ski was complete.

uncleuno

X-h20KC
Ok my buddy talked to someone at Wamilton and they said you cant do a 1100 motor but the GP1200 is a for sure fit and there is motor mounting kits out there.

Q

QuickMick

Talk about custom fabrication.
I thought thats why Lamey built the stroker motors?

Top Bottom