Other "waverunner" thief shot dead

Just made me think... I have seen pics of dudes carrying assault rifles while riding their motorcycles. I'm thinking about strapping my AR-15 on my back and riding around the lake for a bit. I have a permit...
66%20Motorcycle%20with%20Machine%20Gun%20is%20Awesome.jpg

Just made me think... I have seen pics of dudes carrying assault rifles while riding their motorcycles. I'm thinking about strapping my AR-15 on my back and riding around the lake for a bit. I have a permit...
View attachment 153108

Check your states laws but in alot of states you can legally carry a loaded weapon as long as its NOT concealed. If it is concealed then you need the concealed carry permit.

Problem with carrying a gun around thats not concealed is that 95% of the people don't know what the gun laws are, so by default they will call the police...then the police will at least want to see if the gun is legal. Usually just bringing on a whole batch of problems for yourself.

i dont know of any state that you can carry a visible weapon like that. i have my cwp in fl and i can be ticketed even arrested just for weapon's imprint threw my clothes.

Missouri is definitely one of them and i have heard of other states as well. In missouri you can even carry a loaded weapon concealed inside your car, without a permit. Most people do not know this though. However the second you step out of your vehicle with it concealed, its a felony. However if you strap it at your side in a visible place, its legal. Its only considered brandishing if you pull it out like you are going to use it on someone.

And you may want to read into your laws a bit more...I don't think you can be arrested if it shows through your clothes. The only scenario I could see that happening in is if the place you were in had a "no firearms" sign and they asked you to leave..and you refused.

EDIT: Here ya go...there is a chart showing open carry friendly states. FL is not one of them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_carry

Last edited:

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
NC allows open carry, however in the liberal cities you get strange looks and may be stopped
where I live in the country, I know a crusty old local who wears a 44 mag wheel gun wherever he goes
including the bank!

Missouri is definitely one of them and i have heard of other states as well. In missouri you can even carry a loaded weapon concealed inside your car, without a permit. Most people do not know this though. However the second you step out of your vehicle with it concealed, its a felony. However if you strap it at your side in a visible place, its legal. Its only considered brandishing if you pull it out like you are going to use it on someone.

And you may want to read into your laws a bit more...I don't think you can be arrested if it shows through your clothes. The only scenario I could see that happening in is if the place you were in had a "no firearms" sign and they asked you to leave..and you refused.

EDIT: Here ya go...there is a chart showing open carry friendly states. FL is not one of them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_carry

Mizzo is news to me. b

no you would not be typically arrested for printing but if a cop wanted to be a real dickhead he could but you can be arrested for accidently exposing your weapon like if you bent over and you had small of the back holster. i have been held before after explaining the law to the officer he still didnt know called back up and held me on the side of the road (this was before i had my permit) so many officers just have a knee jerk reaction to a weapon being involved that its better to leave well alone and not draw any attention to your weapon it is called a concealed weapon for a reason.

i know florida is working toward a "open carry policy" but i think it is more so you cant be arrested for accidently exposing your firearm.

Last edited:
i dont know of any state that you can carry a visible weapon like that. i have my cwp in fl and i can be ticketed even arrested just for weapon's imprint threw my clothes.

The city of Kennesaw, GA (where i live) requires that every homeowner has a gun and ammunition. http://www.rense.com/general9/gunlaw.htm. When I'm out and about running errands I see at least 5-6 people open carry. I conceal carry. If something goes down in my town its gonna be like an old western shootout with all the rednecks we got...

Oh and in the town next to me... [SIZE=+1]In Marietta, it is illegal to spit from a car or a bus, but perfectly legal to spit from a truck.[/SIZE] :Banane36:

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member

you can open carry in some states, do a search.

here is an audio of a guy openly carrying and being harrased by the cops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter

Many states allow open carry.
However, if you are carrying concealed and the weapon shows, it can be considered display and will get you in trouble.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
just because you are right and it is legal
doesnt mean that you will not be harassed by the p!gs

Top Bottom