What Battery?

Was wondering what type of battery to buy for a 90 SN w/701? Wet cell, Dry Cell? Whats the difference? What model number?

Should I just got to Canadian Tire (for you Canadians lol) and buy whatever specs match? If not where would you guys reccommend getting one and which model?

I normally ride flatwater just by my house. Nothing crazy.

Thanks.

I like Yuasa batteries or Interstate batteries because they are Yuasa batteries too, they do very well for me. I have only had heart break with Everstart cheap batteries. I'm not sure about the absorbed glass mat battery Neverstart puts out though, may be good but it's higher in price.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I like Yuasa batteries or Interstate batteries because they are Yuasa batteries too, they do very well for me. I have only had heart break with Everstart cheap batteries. I'm not sure about the absorbed glass mat battery Neverstart puts out though, may be good but it's higher in price.

I got 3 years out ov the Everstart AGM.

I may give it a shot then. They are about the same price as a regular Yuasa battery and I don't have to drive across town to get them. My problem with the regular Neverstart is they tend to stop working about 3 months after purchase, more like 3 months tops. They don't handle salt and vibration I guess.

i got a motosport platinum 2 seasons ago for 90 bucks. dog chewed on it first winter. ducktaped it up and ran it again. sat outside on the porch all last winter with snow and record breaking cold spell. put the charger on it a few weeks ago and she charged right up and works fine. weve had to replace 3 everstarts in our skis and 4 wheeler in that same amount of time, they only made it one season. mabey if i had taken care of the cheap ass things i woulda got more use out of them like big k did. lol

OK so the consensus seems to be spend a little more and get the gel cells. After researching a bit it appears they can be used in any situation and at any angle without fear of leakage.

What are the required specs?

Thanks for the help.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I may give it a shot then. They are about the same price as a regular Yuasa battery and I don't have to drive across town to get them. My problem with the regular Neverstart is they tend to stop working about 3 months after purchase, more like 3 months tops. They don't handle salt and vibration I guess.

I have gotten years out of the Regular Neverstarts and I have gotten less than a year on Regular Neverstarts.

For runabouts, I think they will hold up just fine. For standups doing flips, rolls, jumps. I think it is just a gamble.

I have used Magna Power, Deka's and one other one...they are usually the same battery just different label...all of them are AGM batteries that I have used. They work fantastic and hold a great charge. Plus if they do go low, they come back to life very well.

I get mine for around $70.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I have used Magna Power, Deka's and one other one...they are usually the same battery just different label...all of them are AGM batteries that I have used. They work fantastic and hold a great charge. Plus if they do go low, they come back to life very well.

I get mine for around $70.

I that my Neverstart AGM was toast, I put it on charge off and on through last week with a battery tender. It actually came back, not a very strong reserve, but enough to crank it several times. Still getting a backup battery. I am trying to revive 2 older Jetworks, (one mine) and see what happens.
My Jetworks started getting to where it was not taking a charge, even from when riding. A few times It just decided to die on me when we would stop and take a break. Had to get towed back a few times...

Top Bottom