Super Jet What does this part do? Hose assembly attached to rideplate and bilge?

i believe matt e wote a good post not to long ago about how the siphon worked by hull pressure and yada yada..you should hit him up for the specifics....i believe it was in refeence to someone removing the plastic siphon and flooding their hull while they would just float.

deftons56

Brian
i believe matt e wote a good post not to long ago about how the siphon worked by hull pressure and yada yada..you should hit him up for the specifics....i believe it was in refeence to someone removing the plastic siphon and flooding their hull while they would just float.
The pump pushes water past the tube in the nozzle creating suction. If the tube has been removed for lets say a bored nozzle and you still have the siphon connected, it will now push water into your hull and flood it.

The pump pushes water past the tube in the nozzle creating suction. If the tube has been removed for lets say a bored nozzle and you still have the siphon connected, it will now push water into your hull and flood it.

it doesnt get any simpler of an explaination than that...thanks brian

Thanks for the replies. Number 24 in that parts explosion seems to be a valve that has a rubber hose going to the pump stator. Im thinking it pushes water thru that valve(#24) which creates the syphon. These must be used on skis that have reduction nozzles with out a syphon bilge fitting. My SN has a syphon bilge fitting on the reduction nozzle. I dont have the set up like in the parts explosion. Do I have to order a special pump vane since mine is blocked off and has a reduction nozzle with the bilge fitting? Sorry if thats confusing.

Top Bottom