Super Jet Whats a good msd TL dealer

mademan9

I ride a SuperFrk WannaBe
Im looking for a website or dealer that sells msd total loss parts. I know the common places online that sell the whole setup, but cant find anyone that sells single items

Thanks

scotts2t

Head Woop!
yea, $500 thats cheaper than they were before from msd direct. And they have new features, This must be the new generation of brains....

D-Roc

I forgot!
I have not used the HSR but it says that is will make the curve tighter when it is 1000 rpms away from the rev limiter, This should allow you to maintain more advance for longer than cut it back even faster. I am still talking with MSD tech for more answers and info on new brains. I will let you know when i know more. it talks about it in the second link i posted.

Last edited:

D-Roc

I forgot!
okay i spoke with msd tech and asked about the brains and if there was an update to the 3 channel digital ignition. He said that the first version had the HSR function that did like i described. With the new website i found the older pdf file that i posted above that talks about the HSR function. I never read about it before and wondered why. The part # is the same for newer and older brains with or without the HSR switch. The update to the brain was to remove the HSR function and turn it into the 30 degree retart function to allow somewhat better curves to be achieved. so if you have a multichannel and wonder which it is old or newer, you may be able to check your backing plate to see if it has the HSR switch or the newer 30 degree retard. I also asked about if they had or planned to update the components with inside of the brain and he said they are bulletproof already and have a 1 year warranty. haha. I will search and find the new instructions for the multichannel, their new site takes some looking for the pdf. files
The msd brain part number is 42351, i may have been confused with the complete system part number and thought it changed. I somewhat recall needing to order a seperate pickup plate for kawi or yamaha motors in addition to the system. The new system price may reflect that the plate is now included. I would hope. So if you are needing the brain or other parts, anyone of the sites mentioned should have the newest and updated components which do not feature the HSR curve. It is old news and their new website has a manual for people who may have one. It can be confusing to me and others I am sure. I was really hoping that msd had some new product updates for us but they seem to be happy with what they have. I have always liked the system and was wondering how i would ever use the HSR function on the curve that i have. I am glad to see i would not have to figure that out if my brain needs replacing. I had asked around about the HSR function before and nowone i know knew what i was talking about. now I know why.

Last edited:

D-Roc

I forgot!
no problem, I was hoping msd would update something on their brains, not that it needs more functions imo, they have just about every option covered. It would just be nice to see that they are aware of the brains quitting at random. I heard of a sponsored rider that used 7 brains up in one season. To me, that is a problem with their product. These would have been all new brains, not old 5 year old ones quitting. As much as i like my msd, they sure do have us by the bawls with their awesome crappy product.

Top Bottom