SX/SXi/SXi Pro Whats it take to convert over to a 701 motor?

It has been done on here before, I believe you can search yamasaki and it will bring it up...honestly the pump has alot to do with it..yes the 701 has more low end then a 750 but the 144 vs 140 mm pumps are part of it also, so switching over to a 701 can only do so much, it will still be an sxi hull..

From what I've read, the 750 makes more power. You have a bigger displacement and a 6mm I think (maybe 8) longer stroke. Both of those are what 701 guys do when they want more power. The pump is a huge advantage like 97superjet said

Coming from one of the few that actually built a Yamasaki, the 140 pump isn't an issue. My pump had no problem with my jetworks ported 701. I prefer the simplicity of the Kawi driveline any day compared to the yami. What's needed is obviously a donor 701 and electrics, conversion plates of some sort to mount the engine and a Umi coupler for the crank so it will mate with the Kawi coupler. All the talk about the 750 making more power than the 701 has been beat to death in the past, some say their 750 hit harder than the 701 but that wasn't the case for me. It's a great conversion especially for Freeride.

As far as parts you need like they mentioned above; motor plates, coupler, exhaust system (pipe & wb) are the 3 you'll have to worry about.

I have done the 760 in a x2, now im doing the 701 in a sx. I think its only worth it if you get the motor super cheap otherwise if it were my money id much rather do the 800 or at least pick up the cylinders and pistons.

Top Bottom