Which superjet to look into

I have a kawasaki 750 and I was looking into to getting a super jet, what super jets does everyone like??? Year , motor size etc

94/95 are the SN 701 w/ the 61x engine some ppl prefer. 96-2007 didnt chance much body or engine wise. Maybe some carb changes and color changes but those years all the the same I am 99% sure. cheaper alternative would be a pre 94 ski w/ a 650 engine which isnt bad and has the potential for a 701 upgrade easily.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I like the way the 08+ SJ's ride. They hook up WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY better. Everyone says the 96-07's are better for freestyle but I honestly don't see why.
for overall riding, the 2008+ is going to handle better. For Freestyle, the pre 2008 will be better. The hull does not hook up as much, The pole is different and has better throw than the 08+.

I sold my SXR years ago. Still have my 2000 Freestyle SJ. There are times I would like to pick up a 08+ Superjet and set it up as a nice limited to just rip turns on. Not as smooth as an SXR, but playful and lighter.

for overall riding, the 2008+ is going to handle better. For Freestyle, the pre 2008 will be better. The hull does not hook up as much, The pole is different and has better throw than the 08+.
but the pole on the 08's is shorter and with a ten min quick turn mod wouldn't it be just as good for freestyle? Im genuinely curious. Does the wider back end help with tricks?

Big Kahuna

Administrator
The quick turn mod helps. I dont think it gets it to the same level. The 2007 has a Quick Steer option built in also. Many will put an XMetal or RRP pole on the 08+ to and AM Turn plate to get the same steering ratio's. I think each has their places. Its not wider, Its stock. Cannot remember if the 08+ is narrower or the same. The front is wider due to the built in Tubby's. Gives it the teardrop shaped hull. That why it handles like an SXR on Steriods!!!!!

The way you explained the steering makes sense. I can see how the 08's would always lack in that area comparatively. The back of the 08's are a bit narrower, or at least that's what I thought. I could be wrong. My wife says I always am lol.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
08+ racing
96-07 freeride
94-95 budget
93- (650 motor) super strick budget

Anything can be used ffor anything. Its mostly about how much money you wsnt to spend niw vs later.

The sns, 96-07, and 08+ all ride completely different. I am a kawi guy and really like 750s. The 08+ feels in some ways more of an evolution of the 750 hull than any other ski. You have to lean and carve to turn it. The sn feels big and stable. The rn lighter and turns flat really well and also is very stable.

Coming from kawis I found the 08+ to be amazing. I've been on a good number of well set up kawis and the 08+ reminds me most of my brothers pro with tubbies. Very friendly ski that turns aggressively and can out corner just about anything. I find myself taking corner speeds 2-3 times greater than more modded skis in our group, and my 09 is bone stock.

The 96-07 feels like a midpoint between the sn and 08+. It feels light and nimble in a similar way but its strictly from steering. Steering is tighter and there is more travel. It also feels way more stable. The 96 I was just on was similar to my brothers stock 95 sn. Probably the most stable stand up I have been on. My 09 is more like a 550 hull, its that unstable. It doesn't take much effort to lay it on its side, but its way easier to pop back up out of a hard carve than any kawi ski except the sxr.

The sns, 96-07, and 08+ all ride completely different. I am a kawi guy and really like 750s. The 08+ feels in some ways more of an evolution of the 750 hull than any other ski. You have to lean and carve to turn it. The sn feels big and stable. The rn lighter and turns flat really well and also is very stable.

Coming from kawis I found the 08+ to be amazing. I've been on a good number of well set up kawis and the 08+ reminds me most of my brothers pro with tubbies. Very friendly ski that turns aggressively and can out corner just about anything. I find myself taking corner speeds 2-3 times greater than more modded skis in our group, and my 09 is bone stock.

The 96-07 feels like a midpoint between the sn and 08+. It feels light and nimble in a similar way but its strictly from steering. Steering is tighter and there is more travel. It also feels way more stable. The 96 I was just on was similar to my brothers stock 95 sn. Probably the most stable stand up I have been on. My 09 is more like a 550 hull, its that unstable. It doesn't take much effort to lay it on its side, but its way easier to pop back up out of a hard carve than any kawi ski except the sxr.
90-07 all use the same bottom deck, only real difference is weight and pole position.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
The nose of the ski is different on the bottom deck of the square vs. round. They do handle differently. As slight as it may be.

I actually prefer the square over the round. Just sucks they are weak and require a lot of reinforcement to be rideable without cracking in half.

JT_Freeride

John Tetenes @Jtetenes
The nose of the ski is different on the bottom deck of the square vs. round. They do handle differently. As slight as it may be.

I actually prefer the square over the round. Just sucks they are weak and require a lot of reinforcement to be rideable without cracking in half.
I agree with Bruce I feel like the SN if more forgiving and can rail turns better then a 96. The nose really grabs the water. Your ski and Timmys are the best riding SJs I have ever been on.

CRJ

Hibernating
ive yet to ride a 08+ but i love my 94 square, but the lighter top deck of a RN makes it feel a lot different. for lake riding i like my square, but i would want a RN for decent chop/surf.

Top Bottom