300/440/550 who has made a custom ride plate??

kawasaki168

kawasaki168
i want to know diretions on how to make an extended rideplate for my 650sx!!! i want one as long as a dominator rideplate that they have for the 800's! the stick out about 7 inches! thats wut i want. now how the hell do u make them?!?!???

'Crockett

Freelance Smartass
Be careful about adding too much length . . . . . . .

We added 4" to a 550 plate once, it eliminated about 75% of it's unwanted porpoising. . . . . . . . . . it also eliminated about 75% of it's ability to turn too !

You'll need to be able to do some Heli-arc welding, get two plates that are the same style and cut one off square. Then add a piece of the other one on to it.

gorilla

There's Always A Light At The End Of The Tunnel !!
put some head washers in-between the ride plate and hull.
that a cheap way of getting the nose down.

i also put a pump wedge on the 93 650sx i had, and it help'd BIG TIME.

welding just a piece of metal to the back of any ride plate will help too.

i was going to put some 750 sxi stock rear sponsons on that 650sx, but sold it before i could test that way.

good luck

gorilla

kawasaki168

kawasaki168
You'll need to be able to do some Heli-arc welding, get two plates that are the same style and cut one off square. Then add a piece of the other one on to it.[/QUOTE]

wut u mean by heli-arc welding?

W

wydopen

if you want to do any freestyle i wouldnt extend your plate

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
You'll need to be able to do some Heli-arc welding, get two plates that are the same style and cut one off square. Then add a piece of the other one on to it.

wut u mean by heli-arc welding?[/QUOTE]

If your asking. IT's not gonna happen in your garage unless you wanna pay the $.

gorilla

mig or stick welding will work, but tig (heli-arc) is the cleanest and strongest weld.
any good machine shop should have a tig welder.

i paid $35 to have a sj rend ride plate welded.

i made it 4 inch's longer.
it helped a lot with the shooting for the moon from the beach (start) issue with my fat a$$ on it.

good luck

gorilla

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
mig or stick welding will work, but tig (heli-arc) is the cleanest and strongest weld.
any good machine shop should have a tig welder.

i paid $35 to have a sj rend ride plate welded.

i made it 4 inch's longer.
it helped a lot with the shooting for the moon from the beach (start) issue with my fat a$$ on it.

good luck

gorilla

And my brother Gasgas owns it now!

gorilla

crab, that ride plate will work killer on your rn, if you are going to race it.

that's a $100 ride plate after all the $$$'s i had to put into it.

good luck

gorilla

upstand2

upstand2
Well I'll get lots of Negetives about this I'm sure. I just bolted a piece of fiberglassed re-enforced plywood on top of the rideplate with two strips of 1/4 steel. It worked GREAT. I think the guy who started the thread lives by me. If you ever launch at Winthrop Harbor IL. , PM me you can have it to try or to model yours after. Mine was 5" extended and really helped stop the 650 from porposing , did'nt hurt jumping one bit. Never broke with lots of fall waves last year too.

Top Bottom