300/440/550 Wow man these things are a workout. Does that get better :D

Man I've been riding my JS440 every weekend, but after I ride it (usually about 2hrs) I swear it's like 3 days before I can do anything useful. My back, arms, legs, fingers, toes, everything just cries. Maybe it's because I'm 32. Maybe it's because I'm not used to riding a standup. But man these things are a workout!

Been skateboarding and surfing all my life, kiteboarding, done motocross, cave diving, and a bunch of other "extreme" sports. This damn jet ski is harder to ride than any of that stuff. Way under respected imho lol. Maybe newer models are easier to ride :D

At least now I don't need to take a break every 10 minutes, but I do still need a break pretty often. Had a great session the other day, video'd the whole thing with my gopro... rode over and met up with about 30 kiteboarders (knew most of them) then I fell hard once and my gopro went right to the bottom. Searched for an hour and never found it. Damn!

Solo in FL.

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
It gets easier but you also lose it fast if you don't ride for awhile.

If you can attend the Daytona freeride in January, you won't be solo in FL for long. Come out, grab a few beers and meet some new friends.

JT_Freeride

John Tetenes @Jtetenes
It's does get easier. But if you ever go to the surf it's a whole new thing. My first few times I had to take a break every 10 or so and I'm 24 and in good shape. There's a guy we ride with and he is 41 and he doesn't stop ever that helped for motivation. And he doesn't just ride the he throws it down.

I'm 41 and really started riding stand ups and fixed steers this year. I was sore all summer, hell I'm still sore. The body just doesn't heal as fast as it use to when we were 20, but I'm not stopping until my body breaks down completely.

Dirtybird

Ex*ta*ski
If your not sore from riding.... then you were not really riding were you.
Always sore when done for days at a time.
My wife always says, that's self inflicted deal with it. Lol

i remember my first 440. now ive ridden and had it all, but yeh it definetly gets easier, but its always a workout, im 15 but for me my back is sore for hours after riding, i usually ride for like 8 hours at my buddys house every weekend in the summer. ride across the lake and to islands and stuff. its really fun. i love hitting boat wakes too lol

keep pushing and your body will adapt, if i dont ride for a while (weeks or months) and slack on working out in other ways, the first few times i get back on my ski the next morning i feel like a truck hit me .. but that goes away quickly when you keep jumping out in front of that truck.. haha.. (and i saw 41 a few years ago)

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
It is a great workout. I ride almost every day besides when there is ice on, and let me tell you that once riding season is over I put on 8-10 lbs of fat, unless I am killing it at the gym. A bit of advice for the old guys (I'm almost 50) be sure to use some 1" padding under your tray mat. Your old knees, ankles and lower back will thank you. Trust me.

Top Bottom