300/440/550 X2 Rear exaust ? Does not run good exaust is under water.

It runs great the rest of the time but when you do a tail spin it loses alot of power. Stand ups come with rear exaust and don't have this problem and I want to know why.

Thanks

Hilli

S'Koolin'Em!;{-
Ex.

I've read and have been told that this problem is because of the amount of "air bubbles" that the ex. dumps into the water while in a tailspin, causing the pump to cavitate(Dual ex. seems to be the solution).:biggrin:

amemoryoncelost

X2/SNsj
I was thinking of doing the rear exhaust, but just doesn't seem worth it. I'm actually thinking if pushing it back further though, help with noise and less smoke in my face...

professor961

Selling all X2 and 650 parts - message me!
I was thinking of doing the rear exhaust, but just doesn't seem worth it. I'm actually thinking if pushing it back further though, help with noise and less smoke in my face...

I agree with snackem. My next X2 build, I am gonna cut glass, and the OEM exhaust is moving forward, adjacent to the waterbox. This (in my opinion) will enable tubbies and also enable the exhaust a straight shot out of the waterbox.
With the exhaust farther forward, in a tailstand the exhaust stream will be further away from your face. In subs and nose stabs, I figure the exhaust outlet will be underwater less time because it will be out of the water sooner.

On the noise issue, I believe the waterbox has done it's job, and a straight shot out will not be any noiser than the OEM location.

Prof

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Mine is going on the left side as I have a little something different in mind for the x2 powerplant.Rear exhaust will be necessary to make the conversion work,also there will be no waterbox as there is nowhere for one to go.

Snackem

Danger Zone
I agree with snackem. My next X2 build, I am gonna cut glass, and the OEM exhaust is moving forward, adjacent to the waterbox. This (in my opinion) will enable tubbies and also enable the exhaust a straight shot out of the waterbox.
With the exhaust farther forward, in a tailstand the exhaust stream will be further away from your face. In subs and nose stabs, I figure the exhaust outlet will be underwater less time because it will be out of the water sooner.

On the noise issue, I believe the waterbox has done it's job, and a straight shot out will not be any noiser than the OEM location.

Prof

It does give you room for tubbies, check out Pete's build and I put up a set of tubbies against the side of my ski and if you move the exhaust forward to come out adj. to the water box you have room on the left side to mount it.

Snackem

Danger Zone
I was looking at my ski this morning and I think that if you retain the exhaust and simply cut the exhaust hose a you should be good to go.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Front exhaust with breakin 32:1....gotta love black tubbies.

5.JPG

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
My old 1991 650 SX came from the factory with rear exhaust. Well I sucked at tail stands compared to my friends 88 650 SX ski.

So I was going to have a custom "T" piece made. It would allow me to use the factory (out side part of the hull) rubber 650 exhaust outlet cover. Then it would also still allow the factory rear exhaust on my 91 650 SX.

Basically all I was going to do is have a replacement aluminum outlet piece. The part inside of the hull the hose from the water box attaches to. It was going ot be a T and the exhaust outlet piece all in one.

I am not too fond of the dual exhaust kits out there on the market.

But the local machine shop didn't come through for me and I gave up on it.

DBR

Top Bottom