300/440/550 X2 The saga continues. . .

Snackem

Danger Zone
Well we took the skis out on Sat and had a blast. Matt's almost got his rolls down:biggthumpup: , however the X2 was acting up again. It kept cutting out, it did not matter if I was going WOT or just starting out or at idel. There is not water in the fuel, the carb, fuel line, fuel filter and pump is in good shape. We replaced the reeds, none of them were broken, may have been a little worn out but did not seem all that bad. Is there somewhere else to look that I'm not thinkig of?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
There was that rubber nub that may have been stuck in a reed.
Something about smoke coming out the carb struck me as fishy.

Snackem

Danger Zone
Sorry I did forget to mention that. There was smoke comming out of the carb when you turned the ski off, not a lot just a whisp or two. And there was a small rubber 'nub' that was in the intake. That may have been stuck in a reed keeping it open. I plan on taking the ski out on Thursday and see if I can't either duplicat the defect or see if maybe it is fixed.

Snackem

Danger Zone
The ski did not act like it was being turned off but more like it was bing choked or like someone was randomly kinking the fuel lines

Legdragger

Bringing it back
I use to have a problem with fuel lines getting kinked by the hood just as it shut. Be sure that is not it. Does it take off hard after it has sat for a few minutes and then start to act up again or does it do it all the time weather it has been sitting for 15 minutes or not.

Snackem

Danger Zone
It's not the fuel lines because it was doing the same thing back at the ramp when we had the hood off. It started just fine when we got to the river then after about 10-20 min of riding it began to cut out.

Snackem

Danger Zone
Ok here's the latest, took the ski out today and it kept cutting out, didn't matter weather it was at the bottom end or the top, however it did do it a lot more after you had been ideling for a while or after I slowed down. On a brighter note I finally got a sub down:headbang: Still can't get onto the hood for a fountain to save my asrse, I can do a really nifty "dive" across the hood and a face plant on the far side of the ski as it goes flying by:frown: . Any advice would be greatly appreciated on the X2. Our best guess is that maybe it's the carb adjustment or maybe it's mixed too rich (40:1)? What do you think?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Ok here's the latest, took the ski out today and it kept cutting out, didn't matter weather it was at the bottom end or the top, however it did do it a lot more after you had been ideling for a while or after I slowed down. On a brighter note I finally got a sub down:headbang: Still can't get onto the hood for a fountain to save my asrse, I can do a really nifty "dive" across the hood and a face plant on the far side of the ski as it goes flying by:frown: . Any advice would be greatly appreciated on the X2. Our best guess is that maybe it's the carb adjustment or maybe it's mixed too rich (40:1)? What do you think?

40/1 is good.

Snackem

Danger Zone
Took the ski's out again today, The X2 ran fairly well however it really does not like to idle, after I fall or after the ski stops and sits a while it really bogs down and cuts out. It will do this at any speed for about 30 sec or 1 min of riding at WOT. Then it'll run ok until I let it slow down or idle again or if I sub the ski and it goes underwater, then it almost always dies or seriously bogs down. I think that the carb is not adjusted correctly and that the bottom end is too rich. Anyone else have a guess?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Took the ski's out again today, The X2 ran fairly well however it really does not like to idle, after I fall or after the ski stops and sits a while it really bogs down and cuts out. It will do this at any speed for about 30 sec or 1 min of riding at WOT. Then it'll run ok until I let it slow down or idle again or if I sub the ski and it goes underwater, then it almost always dies or seriously bogs down. I think that the carb is not adjusted correctly and that the bottom end is too rich. Anyone else have a guess?

Go back to the factory settings, start from there. My stock sx with the tiny 28mm has some amazing power, I almost can't believe how well it does.

Snackem

Danger Zone
Go back to the factory settings, start from there. My stock sx with the tiny 28mm has some amazing power, I almost can't believe how well it does.

That's the plan. I'm probably going to try and do that on either Friday or Saturday, take it down to the docks and pop the hood, just mess around with it until it prrrrrrsssss.

Top Bottom