Custom/Hybrid Your "secret" chemicals/sprays or stuff for jetski? :)

Christian_83

Xscream
Hi,
I thought about this, because i found some stuff on my work - that we use offshore, that are great for jet skis. I dont know if any of you guys know these, but thought we all could share if we "found something" that worked great in our environment.
First is the "aquashield" grease http://www.conelyco.com/PoolCatalog-web/PicturesCategory/S604_MAGCSGR_LG.jpg
this stuff is the Sh!z, we used it on the ROVs on all bolts/nut (stainless steel) and you know how SS bolts/nut can grow tight with salt?
This stuff keeps that salt away, some of the bolts, that havent been separated in a year (down at 30m 12 hours a day, then up for maint, then down again) Were easy to get loose. The grease its sticky and keeps that sticky-ness.
I used it on b pipe water screws, rideplate bolts, intake grate bolts. pump bolts. allmost all bolts that are submerged and in the "danger zone" of growing with salt.

next thing is 3M 's "scotchkote" - electrical coating, that are for conenctions and joints of electrical stuff, this is apllied by bruch, and keeps out moisture. And put some heat shrink over, you are covered. If you press a cable shoe for your negative or positive cable end, apply this stuff, let it cure, add another layer let this cure and heat shrink. You will never have "salt mostiurie" travel up your cable again :)
http://www.3m.com/product/information/Scotchkote-Electrical-Coating.html
Hope some of you can use this, and throw in what ever you guys use - that many of us do not know?

Bouyancy for ski's - canoe bouyancy bag in front of tanks/ - slide into place and inflate gently to occupy available space, lasts 6x months between top ups and zero water ingresssion?

d9a2c0a8e4022d1888c03e11930fe9fa_zps7a0d135a.jpg

Last edited:

naticen

Site Supporter
I'll have to give those a try. For already stuck bolts, I like Conklin Rust Bomb. It blows away PB or Freeze Off or anything else at the auto store. They also have a Luboil that is great for lube/coating kinda between CRC 6-56 and Fluid Film.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
Kroil oil blows Pb blast away. It's hard to find, mostly online. I use maxima SC1 on the engine bay to make it shine, you also don't get as much water staining on your Ada head with this.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
CorrosionX

Awesome penetrant for removing stuck fasteners, but even better used on your motor and parts to clean and keep away corrosion. Also high dielectric strength, great for electrical use as well. Doesnt wash off my motor after lots of saltwater use. Just wipe down ADA head after awhile with rag and dirt, etc. wipes off and satin film remains. Much better than WD40, etc.

http://www.corrosionx.com/

Kroil

The best penetrant I have ever used and I have tried alot of them.

http://www.kanolabs.com/

I use gelgloss to clean my ski when it get dirty, this will clean metal, fiberglass, glass I use it on my boat as well.
Its made for bathrooms and kitchens but works great. its like a wax/cleaner.

http://www.gel-gloss.com/

its good stuff

Christian_83

Xscream
naticen, try aquashield on thoese bolts/nuts, I think you'll be impressed :)
Janker, thats nice. That would be a good option to run in a no foam tray? :)

CorrosionX

Awesome penetrant for removing stuck fasteners, but even better used on your motor and parts to clean and keep away corrosion. Also high dielectric strength, great for electrical use as well. Doesnt wash off my motor after lots of saltwater use. Just wipe down ADA head after awhile with rag and dirt, etc. wipes off and satin film remains. Much better than WD40, etc.

http://www.corrosionx.com/

Kroil

The best penetrant I have ever used and I have tried alot of them.

http://www.kanolabs.com/

Kroil is awesome..

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Kroil is great. You can find it at midwayusa.com and brownells.com

Simple green works great for cleaning the inside of your hull. Much better than starting fluid and break clean.

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
Magic eraser is great for removing scuffs and marks from your hull. My wife traded paint with a mailbox in our car not too long ago. I tried waxing/buffing it off, scraping with my fingernail.... Didn't phase it. Grabbed a magic eraser and 30 sec later it was gone. I keep them on my boat too. They work great.

If you ever break a throttle cable at the carb side and can not get a new cable that day, the next best immediate option is to get one of the little aluminum tops that thread onto the spark plugs. Drill out a little hole in the center groove to slip the cable through and sand down the o.d. as needed. Match up a screw or break up an old plug for the threaded post, thread it in and bind the cable and you're back in action. They fit throttle drums very well and last a lot longer than a real cable end. For anyone that has computer screws kicking around, the screws for the power supply in the towers is the same pitch and perfect length.

I received this in an email years ago. It works well:

"Machinist's Workshop magazine actually tested penetrants for break out torque on rusted nuts. Significant results! They are below, as forwarded by an ex-student and professional machinist, Bud Baker. Don't forget the April 2007 "Machinist's Workshop" magazine comparison test. They arranged a subjective test of all the popular penetrants with the control being the torque required to remove the nut from a "scientifically rusted" environment.

Penetrating oil ..... Average load
None ..................... 516 pounds
WD-40 .................. 238 pounds
PB Blaster ............. 214 pounds
Liquid Wrench ...... 127 pounds
Kano Kroil ............. 106 pounds
ATF-Acetone mix...... 53 pounds

The ATF-Acetone mix was a "home brew" mix of 50 - 50 automatic transmission fluid and acetone.

Note the "home brew" was better than any commercial product in this one particular test. Our local machinist group mixed up a batch and we all now use it with equally good results. Note also that "Liquid Wrench" is about as good as "Kroil" for about 20% of the price."

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Spray engine down with low cost crc silicone from Wal-Mart @ 2.29/ 11 oz can...works great.

Anyone know where I can buy this stuff by the gallon? I spray everything with wd40 by the gallon in a spray bottle, and spray anything I touch like throttle with silicone. I would prefer to spray everything with silicone but wd40 is cheaper by the gallon. Would love to find silicone by the gallon.

I like this fix ! I have never broke my cable but have seen many break so this is a good fix to know ...theres always have plenty of plugs around !
If you ever break a throttle cable at the carb side and can not get a new cable that day, the next best immediate option is to get one of the little aluminum tops that thread onto the spark plugs. Drill out a little hole in the center groove to slip the cable through and sand down the o.d. as needed. Match up a screw or break up an old plug for the threaded post, thread it in and bind the cable and you're back in action. They fit throttle drums very well and last a lot longer than a real cable end. For anyone that has computer screws kicking around, the screws for the power supply in the towers is the same pitch and perfect length.

great tip!!!!

fluid film sprayed on engine and ebox keeps water at bay.thick and forms a film that repeals water and lasts long time.
way better than wd 40 or crc as one application lasts all season.

Thanks guys, it is the least I can offer for all the help I was given to properly set up my Speedwerx pipe. That little idea actually lasted me all season too. At the time i also used a non-sheathed brake cable for a bicycle. Slid the cable through the sheath on my ski and did the tip mentioned. There was enough cable to even tie a knot in the end to help prevent it from pulling through the plug cap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom