Zach and Libby memorial ski build for Mason

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I recently bought a bare RN hull, and am contemplating building a memorial ski with all donated parts from members here and PWCtoday. I would supply the hull and a fair amount of the labor to put it together, (as much as possible)but would need to acquire all the other things and paintwork to pull this off. Thoughts, ideas, etc., are welcome as I have never done anything quite like this, all proceeds would go directly to the Mason Waddle trust fund when sold.

PLEASE let me know if this is doable or not, it would happen over the winter. I also would like to keep my pm's clear as possible, so please post here first. Jeff

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Awesome idea.

I will commit all the parts I can find in my garage, and I will volunteer to work on it.

I got a gas tank and other small stuff for sure already.

EDIT: Here's a (hopefully) complete list of what's needed for a Roundnose. If I forgot something, remind me. I'll fill in names as we get commitments and parts.
Please PM me or Crab for part commitments and where to ship them.

1. Hull - Crab
2. Hood - Crab (I got one, too)
3. Pole - Boris
4. Pole Bracket - DangerBoy or Gasgas for stock type
5. Steering system - complete UMI from Flat Brapp
6. Bars - Motoman25/Phill
7. Throttle - Motoman25
8. Start/Stop switch - Thong_Bandit
9. Nose piece- Crab/Gasgas
10. Nose foam - Snowxr
11. Water box - X-Scream!
12. Fuel Tank, ickup, etc - Matt_E
13. Battery Box - Flat Brapp
14. Tank Straps - Flat Brapp
15. Battery Straps - Flatt Brapp
16. Hull hardware - I got some, I need to see how much I have
17. Midshaft assembly, or parts - Luke Suva
18. Driveline couplers - Motoman25
19. Coupler cover - Flat Brapp
20. Ebox - WatCon
21. Starter - SBT
22. Stator - Polako
23. Flywheel - Polako
24. Flywheel cover - 2nd Nature

SBT donated a complete 62T/61X 701 shortblock, bendix, starter, gaskets, and two carb rebuild kits. :woot:

32. Intake manifold - T intake, Flat Brapp -
33. Reeds - T Reeds, Flat Brapp
34. Carb(s) - Goose for dual 38s
35. Exhaust, whole, parts, a/m, stock? Someone said they'd give a limited pipe. If I get a commitment on either a headpipe OR a manifold, I will throw in the other piece.
36. Exhaust hoses - X-Scream, also donating a front exhaust! :woot:
37. Flame arrestor(s) - Goose for dual 38s
38. Throttle cable - SJ/XPBri
39. Steering cable -
40. Motor mounts - X-Scream
41. Intake grate - Kennay
42. Rideplate - Kennay
43. Pump - SJ/XPBri
44. Impeller - SJ/XPBri
45. Wear ring - Phill
46. Pump nozze - SJ/XPBri
47. Steering Nozzle - SJ/XPBri
48. Pump bolts - SJ/XPBri
49. Footholds - REV's from Flat Brapp
50. Turf - Hydroturf!
51. Paint - I can do the work, if I could get some help with supplies. - Possibly Thong_Bandit for some supplies.

52. Glassing supplies and fabric - Fiberlay has stepped up and will supply all glassing stuff. :woot:
53. Tubbies, W-Nut. :woot:
54. Turf glue, brushes, 5200 - SXIPro
55. Hoodhooks
56. Hoodlatch
57. Hoodstraps
58. Limiting Rope
59. Battery
60. Bilge pumps - Snackem
61. Bilge switch - brett
62. Graphics?
Another edit: If we get motor parts for more than one motor type (T/X), we will build what we can and send the rest back to the donors.

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I recently bought a bare RN hull, and am contemplating building a memorial ski with all donated parts from members here and PWCtoday. I would supply the hull and a fair amount of the labor to put it together, (as much as possible)but would need to acquire all the other things and paintwork to pull this off. Thoughts, ideas, etc., are welcome as I have never done anything quite like this, all proceeds would go directly to the Mason Waddle trust fund when sold.

PLEASE let me know if this is doable or not, it would happen over the winter. Jeff

Thats a great idea Jeff!

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Ive got a stainless battery box and stock stuff, you interested?
Right now there is nothing, if it looks like this can happen its all going to be welcome. Don't know if the ski will be modded or more stockish, but either way I would like all contributors to have their name on the ski, and a photo of Zach, Libby and Mason.

GASGAS

SHREDDER
As we talked on the way home I have some stock round nose parts and some time to help you with the build, I think this is a great idea!!

The Penguin

triple secret probation
once I get my RN together, I'll have a bunch of nuts & bolts I can send you since I replaced a bunch of them with stainless steel hardware.

I may have some other goodies I can send as well.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Matt is going to help me coordinate parts we will need, so feel free to post up whacha got. Gasgas has a complete 701 stock exhaust. we will go that route unless someone really wants to give up the B pipe or type 4...lol.

sneaky

a real mickelson
i dont have any spare parts but i would be happy to put money towards a nice turf job. keep in touch crab

Right now there is nothing, if it looks like this can happen its all going to be welcome. Don't know if the ski will be modded or more stockish, but either way I would like all contributors to have their name on the ski, and a photo of Zach, Libby and Mason.

I woudnt paint their faces on it or anything...that might be kinda morbid...and honestly, it needs to look at sano as possbile to pull the highest $$$!

Mason's ski

I will donate a complete electical box, CDI, etc.. I don't know if I have a flywheel & stator.. Make a list of products needed if this happens!

Watcon will be closed until Friday August 22nd.

Thanks,
Randy

ski_crazy

ISJWTA member #5
Thats a great idea. My only problem is that I don't have any RN parts that I could donate. I would love to help make this ski become a reality. I will follow this thread and if I get my hands on some parts of interest they are yours for the ski.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
dunno if you need it but i have stock bars and throttle with grips, and some other stuff too... stock rn pole spring,

ive gotta go through my parts bin and check it out.

PLEASE let me know if this is doable or not, it would happen over the winter. I also would like to keep my pm's clear as possible, so please post here first. Jeff

make a list of what you need, I'm in

cattledog

EH TEAM RACING
great idea crab i have a limited b pipe chamber,i can give , if someone has exhaust manifold and head pipe

Top Bottom