Surfriding Zack Bright's Cold-Fusion Light-Weight Revolution Hull Build

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
Ive decided to not do a secret build like i did on my rickter so that cat is out, stepping off my Rickter FR-2 and stepping up to a Light-Weight Revolution. there is alot to be said about the Light-Weight being as how much good ive said about my rickter. i got into a frekin collision with a superjet during a heat (not my fault) and i put the nose of the light weight through the bottom deck of the super jet..... not even a scratch on my ski.

this ski is the definition of strength, with out question is the highest quality ski on the market right now and holds the highest standard of quality in aftermarket hulls period. Norbert works with composites for a living and is known for designing, building, and standing by his car body's and other parts in the auto racing industry. he builds for Factory Porsche who just one there 5X 24 hour race. Ferrari's, Bugatti's you name it the guy makes carbon body's for it. its his bread and butter so his skis are unbelievable, ask anyone that has seen one in person.

Light-Weight has been known for how light he can get his skis and remain strong, Marc Sickerling just sold his old 7 year old hull and still no stress cracks, but in the surf weight is your friend so norbert built the first fiberglass Revolution to get some weight on it and had me put it to the test. its glass and fully re-enforced with kevlar that looks amazing and is insanely strong.

as some know, this is the most forward thinking ski on the planet when it comes to adjust-ability. the tray can be a flat deck in 5 min. adjust the foot holds where ever you like with 2 bolts. the length of the ski can be adjusted in 5 min. the way water is introduced to the intake grate can be changed, the possibilities are endless. im excited to look at the surf and decide if i need the ski to be -4, -2, stock length, even positive lengths! one thing im going to experement with in the future is doing surf board tail style hull plate. fish, square, pin, should be awesome!

im going to have alot of pics and alot of reports so stay tuned.

heres a few picks from france when i last rode it and some from my house. i just picked this up from LAX yesterday.

New paint baby!!!

78ba2649.jpg

248392_2156493748792_1139922434_32778036_130333_n.jpg252573_2156933399783_1139922434_32778611_6039078_n.jpg253695_2156493508786_1139922434_32778035_5925465_n.jpg254027_2156485868595_1139922434_32777999_6589917_n.jpg

302562_2378433417145_1139922434_33060103_8304766_n.jpg314166_2378321134338_1139922434_33059968_7532111_n.jpg

Attachments

• 251357_2156071140607_1211318825_2671868_4741747_n.jpg
    251357_2156071140607_1211318825_2671868_4741747_n.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Zack you are insane and so is your new ski...

What opinion do you now hold for the perfect size/set up surf motor, just wondering since you seem to have tested many skis in all kinds of surf...

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
ok a little work got done today dis assembling the FR-2. pulled the pump and the bearings are not too hot.... pump needs a rebuild wich is kinda gay since this is a 2000 dollar pump set up and cant even last one year but, whatever... im used to :):):):) like that at this point.

Tanner helped me motor and its now on the bench. probably going to get a new starter to be safe. my positive wire fell apart so thats nice to have that happen now. going to pull the head and see how she looks under her skirt. my exhaust manifold stripped out in grayland and Mr.Watcon helicioled it for me but looks a little dirty around the manifold so im not sure how its holding up. i dont really have time for stupid issues like that so i may need to locate a new mani.

its funny how you can rip a ski apart in 30 mins but putting them together is always another story lol.

heres a couple shots of the inside of the lightweight VS the inside of the FR-2.... cant even compare. also showing how the hull plate works and Norberts slick pole bracket. you can run a pole bolt and a spring wich is great.

tanner and i also picked up the bare FR-2, no hood or pole and picked up the LW with the pole and hood on and the LW is considerably lighter that is for sure!

IMG_1106.jpgIMG_1107.jpgIMG_1108.jpgIMG_1109.jpgIMG_1110.jpgIMG_1111.jpgIMG_1112.jpgIMG_1113.jpgIMG_1114.jpgIMG_1115.jpg

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
I must say, the composites work in this Light Weight Revolution hull is bar none the must impressive layup I have been around. This hull is extremely light for its integrity. I am so stoked for Zack to get thrashing on this thing.... cause I reallly reallly reallly wanna ride it :p
Stoked for you buddy.

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
thanks guys i appreciate it! you guys ready to ride it?

Zack you are insane and so is your new ski...

What opinion do you now hold for the perfect size/set up surf motor, just wondering since you seem to have tested many skis in all kinds of surf...

thanks! ya know for me it all goes back to surf size. if the waves are overhead i love the 701. but if the waves suck it would be nice to have some more power but i dunno... 701 is fine to me and mines not even ported lol my mag pump is what makes all the difference though. putting all the power to the water and having no cavitation really anywhere on the wave is bad ass.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
WOW this is so sick. Cant wait to see some one ride one of these and post up some good video etc. Awesome bro. Couldnt imagine a better rider beating on a new lightweight

Last edited:

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
Norbert is uncompromising in his workmanship . This skis layup is "designed" not random kevlar, carbon, fiber glass cloth every strain has its place for the function its to serve
I'm mesmerized everytime I look at Norbert's work
Db

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
WOW this is so sick. Cant wait to see some one ride one of these and post up some good video etc. Awesome bro. Couldnt imagine a better rider beating on a new lightweight

thanks brian. Im really excited on this. to me this ski hasnt gotten the respect it deserves. part of that is there just arnt any around which I, as well as Ross Champion are hoping to change. another is the LW that was available to demo was turfed completely wrong and remember hearing some people saying they didnt like it but it really wasnt fair for the ski.

Nice ski . Inside def looks one of the nicest am hulls around!
What's the hull weight on that thing.
Are you selling the rickter?

yeah it sure is pretty in there! im not sure on the weight... im going to try and round up a bathroom scale and see what it says. the rickter is going to have the vinyl/ gelcoat pulled off and will pry be sent to tomski for alot of repairs..... then redone and will have my brother ride it. if he doesnt like it than we will probably sell it.

Norbert is uncompromising in his workmanship . This skis layup is "designed" not random kevlar, carbon, fiber glass cloth every strain has its place for the function its to serve
I'm mesmerized everytime I look at Norbert's work
Db

exactly. everything is planned and placed. its the best in the industry.

so Tanner has some pump bearings here and were going to get it pressed out today. so hopefully the pump gets installed today BUT.... i really need parts! the starter the most so i can drop in the engine.... wwwweeeeeeeeeeee!

Top Bottom