A surf riding tip. The" rhythm slide".

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
We call a version of that "slide" a "magic carpet ride". Drop in from the back side of a already broken wave, then let the white water push the ski sideways,backward or crank the bars and punch the gas while dropping in and do a 360 on the leading edge of the white. When sliding sideways, the pump is hardly hooked up. It is easiest with a waist high or less white water roll.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
We call a version of that "slide" a "magic carpet ride". Drop in from the back side of a already broken wave, then let the white water push the ski sideways,backward or crank the bars and punch the gas while dropping in and do a 360 on the leading edge of the white. When sliding sideways, the pump is hardly hooked up. It is easiest with a waist high or less white water roll.
I have noticed that the whitewash from an 8-10 can be so violent its hard to control the ski, but a bit smaller in size will give that nice waist high stuff makes it much more ....better. IMO

Obama...Rythm Slide...Curtrain Glide. Curtis is an inovator with a goofy helmet.My favorite and the coolest to watch,
Runnin from the cops.....SICK!!!! Video comming soon..

R

ridethelip

227 says I should always have a meat cleaver in hand when wearing that helmet.It's the pro-tec two face. I like the creek helmet by Head trip called the Klink but it is a bit spendy and the German look may not go over well riding in front of Camp Pendelton.

Attachments

• 7018_K_left_012408_400x400.jpg
    7018_K_left_012408_400x400.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 19

ntrsspray

I do DUMB THINGS!!

its the "JoeB"

a couple examples from ridethelip

[video=vimeo;19099704]http://vimeo.com/19099704[/video]

[video=vimeo;19100762]http://vimeo.com/19100762[/video]

Its all about the surf!
That video doesn't do it justice. Curtis regularly slids his ski 180* so that he's actually traveling backwards down the face of the wave before he blips the throttle and recovers it. It looks amazing in person. Sooner or later we'll get it on Video.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
O.K! I saw (in my mind) a "not hooked-up slide" down the face while dropping in, and a feather of throttle to continue into a 360.
What confused me was the description of ride plate pearling.

BTW: I think I've done the rythm slide by accident a few times! lol.

That's the "Magic Carpet Ride" in NJ waters.......it's fun as hell. It really doesn't look like much, but when you get a good one that lets you travel 20'-30' completely backwards and then weight one of the rear corners and 180 out of it in a fluid motion, it's feels really cool!

I've gotten a few that I rode far enough and fast enough backwards that it stuffed the pump outlet and stopped the motor. Even had the motor re-start and run backwards once!

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Tried a lot of these today... Got two that felt so coool.. One from a over rotated re entry which was badass, & another one that just spun right around & down the face...

Really cool move, thats bro for posting it up.... The Superfreaks are so light riding the wave backwards is just like surfing the wave normally

R

ridethelip

Thanks, it is really fun to do.You can use that with a re-entry.On a normal re-entry you hit the lip and turn the ski towards shore.If you want to incorporate it with this type of slide you turn the opposite way.It can be done I have done a few.Most of the time I eat crap.

Top Bottom