Custom/Hybrid Custom Laser Etched Stainless HIN tags

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I finally got around to getting HIN tags made up for my Matrix and wanted to share the name of the company for others to consider. I submitted all my specs online, they returned a quote the very next day and had proofs ready to show me within hours. 3 days from start to finish and my new HIN's are completed and being shipped out as I type this. Cost for the first tag was $40 and $15 for each additional tag so $55 for two plates plus shipping.

They are probably a little more than most guys are willing to spend but I believe they were worth the money. I went with a 304 Stainless plate with rivet holes and the numbers laser etched into the plate just like they are on my 2007 Superjet.

I realize I could have stopped at a trophy shop and had a pair made out of plastic for under $10 but it should come as no surprise that I like things done a particular way. :)

Anyways, the company is called Machine Plates Online and their website is;
http://www.machineplatesonline.com/

I'll post pics of the finished product once I get them in my hands but for now, here is a pic of the plate that came with my 2007 Superjet that I was trying to mimic.
DSC01197.jpg

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I think I like your prices better.

I procrastinated about mine long enough, I remembered about it the other day, emailed the first company that came up in a Google search and rolled with it. :D

If it looks crooked.. Thats because it is! I installed it with a level, now if I werent in such a rush to pop it in. I would've realized it's level with the ground.. But not the bondline! Thats why I leave tedious, OCD stuff like bilge pumps to you. We just need more innovative products please

20140214_203533_zps77a3dbfd.jpg

we have a laser here at work. Let me know how thick the stainless is and we can do it for cheaper guaranteed. I just need the thickness of the tag and I could start doing it for anybody interested

we are working on getting a sheet of 304 stainless .060 thick right now. What are the dimensions that would be preferred. And most likely rounded edges instead of squared

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Yes, I am quite disappointed in mine now. Apparently they were delivered a couple days ago so I will see tonight if they are awesome enough to redeem the extra dough I laid out.

I think I like your prices better.

I procrastinated about mine long enough, I remembered about it the other day, emailed the first company that came up in a Google search and rolled with it. :D
Honestly man, the A1 engraving plate looks decent, but don't feel bad about spending some extra cash on something that you think will look a litter nicer, especially since its going on a nice AM hull. Being picky about even the smallest detail isn't a bad thing.

Top Bottom