What's your view look like today?

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Turfing a super freak requires a magic touch. I couldn't do it to save my life. nice work.
That is actually is a havoc,but it might as well be a freak! The gunnels in front of the footholds was a bitch (just like a SF).You are always right on the edge of melting and/or tearing turf.

31602ad425220b3576f9f764569c67aa.jpg

Last night was a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it was minus 28c last week here. Calling for plus 17 this weekend. New atp risers for my SJ. Im stoked to ride but the rivers still half frozen and there's 5 feet of ice on the lakes but im ready to party20180418_201256.jpg20180418_201243.jpg

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I never took a single picture today other than with my Flir thermal camera but we did the first walk through on our new house today.

Paint and drywall is a joke so they have a ton of little fix-ups to do before we take possession next week. We actually used up an entire roll of blue painters tape marking off all the deficiencies.

IMG_4851.JPG

IMG_4169.JPGIMG_4779.JPGIMG_4134.JPGIMG_4127.JPG

Last edited:

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
I never took a single picture today other than with my Flir thermal camera but we did the first walk through on our new house today.

Paint and drywall is a joke so they have a ton of little fix-ups to do before we take possession next week. We actually used up an entire roll of blue painters tape marking off all the deficiencies.

It's amazing how much quality can differ between crews when it comes to drywall/plastering. When I had my addition done, it looked like hell. I was so pissed because I DIY'd the rest of the house and did a far better job than the 'professionals'. I visited my son's house last week that he just had plastered, and it was the total opposite. I was AMAZED at the job they did on the plaster. I feel like hiring those dudes and having them skim coat my entire house.

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Tradespeople in general are getting harder to find these days much less skilled craftsman. And they don’t usually work for the wages these developers are paying.

Thankfully the construction of the rest of the house is top notch, they just chose poorly for the paint, drywall mud and ceramic tile subs.

The good news is, all I have to do is point and say “fix it!”

The thing I found funny is that our house is one of 5 in a row backing onto a pond. They were all built at the same time and finished in a similar fashion. Ours was the last to be finished but it seems like we were the only ones to hold them to a higher standard and get everything fixed.

For instance, this is something our next door neighbor accepted...

066a2efd5bc67a7e5c6cb822b5ced4ac.jpg

6ff0c25b075d598170f8b7ff8842e650.jpg

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Meanwhile, I brought pictures and a thermal camera to prove that an entire stud space behind the shower stall was missing the insulation. It was installed when the house was first insulated but one of the subs removed it for something and then it never got put back in.

We knew because we did routine inspections of the house each week and took progress pics. :)

We also stopped in and notified the GC of such items on a regular basis.

Tradespeople in general are getting harder to find these days much less skilled craftsman. And they don’t usually work for the wages these developers are paying.

Thankfully the construction of the rest of the house is top notch, they just chose poorly for the paint, drywall mud and ceramic tile subs.

The good news is, all I have to do is point and say “fix it!”

The thing I found funny is that our house is one of 5 in a row backing onto a pond. They were all built at the same time and finished in a similar fashion. Ours was the last to be finished but it seems like we were the only ones to hold them to a higher standard and get everything fixed.

For instance, this is something our next door neighbor accepted...

066a2efd5bc67a7e5c6cb822b5ced4ac.jpg

6ff0c25b075d598170f8b7ff8842e650.jpg

That is insane that someone allowed that

I had some walls in my house 1 inch out of square and plumb. good thing i found it or they would of left it that way. some people dont take pride in their work. boyer, your house looks awesome. make them fix that poop before you close on the house.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
It is getting tougher and tougher to find tradesman that take pride in their work. I deal with this every day with our flooring installers. Attitude sucks......... Quality is going down the poopter.

Top Bottom