Super Jet 00sj to 08sj

I have a bpipe in my 00 right now and will be picking up a stock 08 soon and want to switch over a few parts from my 00 to the 08 then put the stock 08 parts on to my 00 will this work problem free?6F39CC8A-orig.jpg Also any comments on the difference in the bottom of the two hulls, thanks

You wont have any problems with the parts swapping, except the aftermarket scoop grates are shaped different, and the ride plate mounting holes are a little different. The hulls do handle different. it seems to be personal preference on the hulls, The 08 and up seem to hold a rail better than the 07 and down. older seem to be a little looser,IMO.

Last edited:
Ya i was thinking of keeping the scoop grate on the 00, still has the stock ride plate. But mainly i want to switch the bpipe, maybe the ada head, and ignition.

Thanks, would you rather keep the 00 or an 08? I could always just sell the 08 when I get it and make money getting it for a steal.

i love the 08 pole is shortened pump is set back almost 2 inches built in tubbies it stays hooked up longer when your leaving the water just ride them and keep the one you like the best i say 08 all the way

The pole on my 2000 is -4, and have the #ZERO sponsons it handles great right now,I plan on getting holds and re turfing the 08 switch, putting the bpipe on the 08 etc, and switch the stock 08 parts on to the 00 if I decide to sell the 00 and keep the 08.

The 08 has a shorter driveshaft than the previous years, you will need one of those. I own a 08, but have never ridden a older superjet. I can compare it to my old 750sx bottom deck which should have it's similiarities with the older superjet.

The 2008 is actually wider in the front, and narrower in the rear. The strakes coming down are deeper and more aggressive so it holds to the water tighter when turning and the tubbies gives it a extra hold to the water as well. It actually BITES and keeps biting all the way through the turn, the more you lean the more it turns. It's really a phenomenal buoy boat and is a absolute blast at that.

The setback pump which is common mod to the previous years and aftermarket hulls, will keep the pump the last one out of the water. I think this gives you added pop off the waves and better hook up in choppy water.

As for using this in the surf, it's a improvement to the previous years but also depends on how you like to ride. If you plan on slashing the waves its definately going to be much harder to get the rear to slide and pivot on the nose of the boat. I did this with EASE with stock steering on a 750sx, but the superjet just has a difficult time doing it due to the deeper strakes.

I decided to keep with the stock intake grate, because I figure with a scoop grate thats just one other thing to keep hold on the water to prevent me from slashing. If I don't upgrade to a rickter, I may just figure a way to get more throw on the steering (I already have quick steer)

The 08 has a shorter driveshaft than the previous years, you will need one of those. I own a 08, but have never ridden a older superjet. I can compare it to my old 750sx bottom deck which should have it's similiarities with the older superjet.

The 2008 is actually wider in the front, and narrower in the rear. The strakes coming down are deeper and more aggressive so it holds to the water tighter when turning and the tubbies gives it a extra hold to the water as well. It actually BITES and keeps biting all the way through the turn, the more you lean the more it turns. It's really a phenomenal buoy boat and is a absolute blast at that.

The setback pump which is common mod to the previous years and aftermarket hulls, will keep the pump the last one out of the water. I think this gives you added pop off the waves and better hook up in choppy water.

As for using this in the surf, it's a improvement to the previous years but also depends on how you like to ride. If you plan on slashing the waves its definately going to be much harder to get the rear to slide and pivot on the nose of the boat. I did this with EASE with stock steering on a 750sx, but the superjet just has a difficult time doing it due to the deeper strakes.

I decided to keep with the stock intake grate, because I figure with a scoop grate thats just one other thing to keep hold on the water to prevent me from slashing. If I don't upgrade to a rickter, I may just figure a way to get more throw on the steering (I already have quick steer)

If i get the 08 it wont be just a hull but a complete ski and will just be switching the higher dollar parts off the 00 like the pipe, ada head, msd or epic ignition haven't checked which one i is yet and maybe the bars. I plan on taking it to the surf but when I ride locally just one of the many lakes around me, thanks.

In that case, you will want to swap your pole from the older superjet, because even tho the 08 is shortened -2" compared to the older sj's, it is still a FX1 pole and uses a FX1 cable. These poles only accomodate the shorter, 2.5" throw FX1 cable which just plain sucks. The older superjet cables carry a full 4" throw which really helps alot with the steering.

If you decide to keep the 08 pole for whatever reason, you would need to order a shmity1 kit which uses his one-off cable and mounting bracket. Replacement cables can be difficult to find in the future in case you ever need one and his shipping wasn't too fast.. ATM im looking at aftermarket handlepoles, and now im gonna need another 96-07 steering cable because shmity's wont work. It sucks to buy things twice.

I also forgot to mention another point about the 08 handling. At mid speed and high speed the hull likes to chine walk, and kind of shake from one side to the other slightly. Coming off of my Kawi I noticed this right away, but after getting used to it, I dont feel it anymore. Others pointed this out too, but I think it has to do with the narrower rear and balance. Like hopping on to a long board for the first time.

Last edited:
Ok I should be getting the 08 by next weekend and will most likely be asking you guys for help as I've never really messed with the inside of the skis but mainly dirtbikes, thanks again!

Top Bottom