03 sxr project

Here we go with a SXR build, my first to post anyhow. It is an 03, Rambo Rosies old ski. So far I have deturfed and ground out the spill over glue on the inside. Now its time for sanding. It will be getting epoxy primed and painted, on lower hull, topside just painted. I have a RN pole shortened -2 and umi turnplate. Motor is moved back 3.5 inches, Hull is staying stock length right now. I will try and keep this updated to show progress. I also made the ebox bracket out of fiberglass, which will be bonded to hull. Some pics of sanding stages are attached.

Attachments

• DSCF1387.jpg
    DSCF1387.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF1388.jpg
    DSCF1388.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF1389.jpg
    DSCF1389.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF1390.jpg
    DSCF1390.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF1391.jpg
    DSCF1391.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 52
Instead of chopping the hull 2 inches I moved the motor rearward to aid in getting the nose up. I have heard a couple people say they have done this with having the hull shortened, and it made the sxr handle poorly. So I am just sticking with the motor being moved back. But then again, who knows, maybe I will have to move it back and chop the rear of the hull.

SXRguyinMA

Life's a beach
I cut 4" off the back of my hull and it handles fine. gets a little bouncy at low speeds, but its not a "go fast in a straight line" ski anymore so it doesnt bother me. it handles just fine, carves beautifully too

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Just moved the mounts back, only had to drill 4 new holes and tap them. Very simple and leaves enough room for ebox.

What do you mean "just moved the mounts back".

The mounts on the hull itself, or modify the bedplate the engine attaches to, which then attaches to the hull?

Pics are worth a 1000 words :1244:

Top Bottom