Super Jet 04 Superjet is porpoising

blastermitch

2004 Superjet
Handling mods are worx 201 grate and R&D Rius longer ride plate. Not sure what prop is in, engine mods are factory pipe and mikuni 44's, ADA head. Ski porpoises with me on it. I'm 6'4", 260lbs. I've tried leaning forward more, but it just handles like crap. I have heard of people putting weights in the fron to keep the nose down. What about spacers on the grate or plate?

If I understand the meaning of "porpoise" then it means you have some good power on your ski :), from there on its just getting used to it and learning to handle it. try to get your knees closer to the latch of the hood (either surf stance or foot holds) and keep your chest close to the chin pad.

blastermitch

2004 Superjet
It needs to be tuned properly, but yeah, when it hits the band, it jumps out of the water. I do lean as far forward as I can and take a very crouched stance. I think I might throw a couple of washers on the rear bolts for the ride plate to see if that helps keep the nose down.

How long have you been riding? You may just need more time getting used to riding and switch up your riding styles to find what's most comfortable. If all that fails try sponsons.

It's how you are riding it. Have you been riding long? Are you going fast, wide open, or what speed? Is the water choppy? You are gonna bounce a little with a constant throttle at a faster speed. Try varying throttle in spurts when going faster to dig in when you are about to bounce and get back on it when it would have bounced.

Strait and fast lean forward more. When it's time to turn put weight on back foot and stay farther back to keep pump hooked up.

Superjets are responsive to body english.

Top Bottom