05 superjet not all that super anymore

The ski runs great had it for two years now but getting bored of the power. The only mods I have our Ski Clinic bob adjustable footholds, carbon fiber engine reinforcement and duel air filters. Everything else is stock for all that I know. I need more power but my number one concern is reliability. I am thinking about getting the factory b-pipe but do not know if there is a difference in power versus the price of the regular factory b-pipe or the one sold by wamiltons that he ports and polishes? Will I get the best bang for my buck with the factory b pipe if so which one and also is it required to have a girdled head? Also is there any other upgrades that will give great freestyle power. The skis mostly used for freestyle jumping wakes. Any info on getting more power and keeping the reliability at a justifiable price would be greatly appreciated thank you

Yes I seen that post but if I were to go by what that said I would have to spend thousands till I got to the power upgrade part. Now I may be completely wrong but I would like the power before the handling upgrades. So if I could let me rephrase my question. Is the wamilton factory b-pipe that he sales for $200 more worth the price?

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
Yes I seen that post but if I were to go by what that said I would have to spend thousands till I got to the power upgrade part. Now I may be completely wrong but I would like the power before the handling upgrades. So if I could let me rephrase my question. Is the wamilton factory b-pipe that he sales for $200 more worth the price?

Personally I would buy the pipe used or from factory and use the 200 dollars on either a head or prop.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
SJ's need msd enhancer, head and b pipe, i like the MOD pipe to run decent and keep you interested for the long run. Any order doesnt matter but if you can find good used and have a local that can help you dial it in is key.

iangdesign

Cats, lots of cats!
If you are still running the stock prop...that should be your first upgrade. Then get a bpipe to help your engine breath a little better. Adding a head will mean you will need to up the grade of gas you use depending on the cc range you are after.

You can also have your stock head milled.

I would forgo the Wamiltons in place of a "factory" b pipe and spend the extra $200 on hooker impeller.

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
A b pipe or factory type 4 dry pipe which is what I run are both great. An ada girdled head is good to have too. Either pipe you choose, factory's web site will show what jetting you should run. And will need an msd cdi once you pipe it. Gotta be able to put that power to the water though or else it's worthless so you will also want a nice intake grate, stock one is garbage so is the stock impeller. Get a hooker 9/15 or 10/16 pitch impeller from impros they are awesome impellers and are large hub style which improve hook up even in stock pumps but are necessary for magnum pumps which give ya even more hook up. Time to dump some money buddy! And don't worry about reliability with these basic mods. Your ski will be as reliable and last nearly as long as stock.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
You get more rpms out of your engine when you add a pipe, and you'll be hitting the rev limiter. You can use a modded stock one if you don't want to spend the money on an enhancer.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom