07 Superjet Handling Problem

I recently purchased an 07 superjet that is bone stock. What would be the best ride plate/intake grate to buy to help the ski go fast in a straight line. When I get to going full speed, the ski just wants to jump out of the water. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• n34307380_34948186_9098.jpg
    n34307380_34948186_9098.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 47

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I recently purchased an 07 superjet that is bone stock. What would be the best ride plate/intake grate to buy to help the ski go fast in a straight line. When I get to going full speed, the ski just wants to jump out of the water. Any thoughts?

How much riding experience do you have?

Mike W

Infidel
What your experiencing is whats called porposing. Any extended rideplate will help. I run a Worx rideplate and it is a pretty good plate. However, if you move your weight forward a bit you can minimize it somewhat.

Attachments

• Picture%20383.jpg
    Picture%20383.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

ride more!!!! that is a common complaint from new riders on a sj. move your body weight forward and keep your waist near the bars. DOn't let the ski ride you... Ride that ********er like you own it..

Getting the right stance and CG will do wonders. For a ride plate, you could try the +100mm length Jet Dynamics plate w/ the concave shape. Definitely reduced porpoising quite a bit in my experience, probably due to the length only and not the concave shape though.

ive watched a few new riders lately and they always seem to stand right in the back. put one foot forward and when you want to haul a$$ shift your weight to the front foot. go for a turn shift it to the back. its a balancing act just takes time to get it figured out.
go ride more!!

I am new to riding stand ups. I took the SJ out today and leaned forward when I would go straight. It helped out a lot. Thanks everyone. Yamaslut, I like your post. I road that ********er like I owned it.

get some more ride time in before u invest in the plate/scoop etc. u'll get a better feel for what mods u'll need/want.

don't ride so much in a straight line!! turns and tricks and AIR are funner than speed!!!

CaMo_FroG

2 new superjets 90-93
in order for me to go full speed i have both feet up front and im leaned over the pole .... your still gonna skip across the water some ...

slickchaos

Chaos on a SJ
get some more ride time in before u invest in the plate/scoop etc. u'll get a better feel for what mods u'll need/want.

don't ride so much in a straight line!! turns and tricks and AIR are funner than speed!!!

aint that the truth..

i had such a blast riding this weekend just carving left and right like a snake moves...

Hi Griggs,

I know the feeling mate, I have an 07 and it is my first stand up. I had EXACTLY the same problem, the weight shift helps alot but I found the worx 205 intake made a WORLD of difference to the ski. I put that intake and a solas 13/17 concord prop a couple of rides later and would have to say the improvment from the grate alone was as much if not more than from the prop.

Cheers
Matty

Top Bottom