08 Superjet Handpole and steering ??

Just broke my steering cable on the weekend,was going to just buy a new stock one or was thinking of going to a cable place and getting them to make another one with more thread or make it a few mm longer...any one have an idea if this could give it more throw?i drilled a hole closer to the nozzel that has held up fine but could do with a tinny bit more throw i have umi steering on it aswell,but dont really want to have to get a pre 08 pole and cable what do u ppl think?

any updates on this? Is getting a pre 08 pole and cable still the only way to get full throw on the 08s?
Also who makes the best steering system for the 08?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
If you want full throw, you need the older style pole and cable. The problem is inherent to the pole design.

Ok thanks.
Is it possible to run say the x-metal steering system on the outer hole on the turn plate and modify the steering nozzel with the stock 08 setup?
Also Blowsion makes an expensive new steering cable that is suppose to improve handling on the 08 and 09. Is this any good?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I don't know how a different cable is going to make a handling difference (as the problem isn't the cable by itself). You'll have to ask Blowsion about that.

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
Those blowsion cables won't work on the 08 pole. I moved the mount on my steering nozzle as far in as I could get it and it doesn't bind and makes a world of diff. If you can make a bracket to move the cable back 2" into the handpole you will be able to get full throw using athe stock pole with the older cable.

I sent them an email about it and they said it won't work with the stock pole on the 08. All you have to do is to drill a hole closer to the center of the nozzle.
Yea I know that but I want to get a shorten turn plate and some bars and Im not sure if the 08 cable will work if i use the outer hole on the turn plate with the modified nozzel.

I run a pre '08 cable and the stock '08 pole. I have plenty of throw and did not feel the need to get a new pole. I just drilled a hold 2" below the regular steering cable attachment point on the pole and attached the cable there. Worked flawlessly so far.

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
You can't use the outer hole at all. I tapped mine and the plate won't reach the stops because the cable hits its stops. The stock setup is maxed out as far as cable travel.

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
I run a pre '08 cable and the stock '08 pole. I have plenty of throw and did not feel the need to get a new pole. I just drilled a hold 2" below the regular steering cable attachment point on the pole and attached the cable there. Worked flawlessly so far.

That works but your going to get different ratios for your right and left turns. Your also tweaking the cable alot more. If it doesn't break the cable who really cares though? All skis turn differently right and left any way, I wouldn't doubt if this makes the ski more neutral.

That works but your going to get different ratios for your right and left turns. Your also tweaking the cable alot more. If it doesn't break the cable who really cares though? All skis turn differently right and left any way, I wouldn't doubt if this makes the ski more neutral.

Ratios are right on. No tweaking the cable as it does not max out on either aspect of the turn.

Guys to get quicker steering on a 09 which steering mount should i attach the cable on the turn plate. Its in the middle from the factory the outer need to be tapped easy but will that give me quicker steering or is it the inner one closer to the steering system position.

The throw is another issue all together i am guessing.

I found a deal on steering cable for my 08 super jet. It says for 96-98 sj's and I'm assuming it will work with the adjustable xmetal pole I'm going to get but I just make to make sure it's the right one before I buy it.

Top Bottom