09 Pismo Spring Break Freeride

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmith83

( o Y o )
i just checked the forecast for next weekend.....SUNNY!!! sweet cant wait.

infamy...when you think about driving down? ryan and i were maybe talking about thursday night or friday morning.

anyone have an idea of what pole/mile marker we're going to be camping by?

I know a lot of you guys know pismo better than me, but the last time I was there I cruised the entire length of the beach checking out the riding areas. It seemed wherever there was a hill behind the beach there was a good break. Of course there were lot's of surfers at most of the breaks. But if there are guys riding that break all day the surfers will probably pass by and head to breaks without skis on them. I think the best break in the camping area was just past the sand highway.

I won't be there, but wish I was.

wydopen

onthepipe
looks like there might be some wind to go along with the sunny skies...pretty much normal for this time of year...bring some plywood for a windbreaker...im bringing my kitesurfing stuff if its going to blow so at least you guys can laugh at me as im getting dragged around in ankle deep water and pounded by the waves...

i just checked the forecast for next weekend.....SUNNY!!! sweet cant wait.

infamy...when you think about driving down? ryan and i were maybe talking about thursday night or friday morning.

i work thursday night , so i will head up there friday. i wont be there early though, just some time before dark.

looks like there might be some wind to go along with the sunny skies....

thanks bad news bear. :thumbsdown:

BlowStuffUp

Twinkle Toes
im sure andrew is much better at predicting conditions than i am due to his extensive surf background, but it looks like the wind isnt going to be too much of a factor maxing out around 7 kts and light north offshore in the morning. The swell, on the other hand, looks like its going to create surf in the 1-3 ft range (ankle slappers). im sure we will get a few sets with a little size though.

wydopen

onthepipe
it looks like the wind may not be bad..still a little early to tell...there is also an early season long period SW swell that will peak on sunday...it may be really good..if pismo can pick up the angle..not big but it may be really good

the bad news, for me anyways is that i blew out my knee again yesterday trying to boost an air kitesurfing..i can barley walk so i doubt ill be riding next weekend..ill come hang out and watch you guys though..im just keeping my fingers crossed its not the ACL :doh::crying:

Last edited:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
it looks like the wind may not be bad..still a little early to tell...there is also an early season long period SW swell that will peak on sunday...it may be really good..if pismo can pick up the angle..not big but it may be really good

the bad news, for me anyways is that i blew out my knee again yesterday trying to boost an air kitesurfing..i can barley walk so i doubt ill be riding next weekend..ill come hang out and watch you guys though..im just keeping my fingers crossed its not the ACL :doh::crying:
Oh, that sucks........ start taking glucosamine with your dinner, helps me a bunch with my torn meniscus.

wydopen

onthepipe
Oh, that sucks........ start taking glucosamine with your dinner, helps me a bunch with my torn meniscus.

Yea i tore the meniscus on the other knee years ago and actually had it removed and its been 100% ever since...i tore the MCL in this same knee i hurt yesterday, last year and the doctor said with the MCL it just needs to rest...no surgery required...im hoping this is the same thing although it quite a bit more painful and the painful spot is on a different part of the knee...i was in serious pain last night...ill give the glucosamine a shot

brett

-------------
im sure andrew is much better at predicting conditions than i am due to his extensive surf background, but it looks like the wind isnt going to be too much of a factor maxing out around 7 kts and light north offshore in the morning. The swell, on the other hand, looks like its going to create surf in the 1-3 ft range (ankle slappers). im sure we will get a few sets with a little size though.

what have you been up to preston? partyin a little too much with those poly dollies?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom