$1 Build - roundnose conversion ala mode

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Update:

Last night I started laying up my new hood. I pulled the top half, and here it is. It's only rough trimmed, just so I could see how it will look on the ski.

Attachments

• parts 041.jpg
    parts 041.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 164
  • parts 044.jpg
    parts 044.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 135
  • parts 040.jpg
    parts 040.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 75

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Update: I wonder how hard it would be to make every part of a ski yourself? I already made a hood, topdeck, hull, pole, pole mount, intake grate, ride plate, and side sponsons. Aside from a motor I'm doing pretty good.

Anyway, here's the new aluminum pump shoe I made. Is it sad that I like making stuff just as much as riding?

Attachments

• shoe 002.jpg
    shoe 002.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 95
is that $550 for a fiberglass top deck or a carbon top deck??
I am really interested in some of your parts for a project ski I want to build, just trying to get some numbers to see if I can fit it in the budget!!

Let me know, I am wanting to build a better flat water ski, my 08 is too new to chop up

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Well I couldn't resist building another part for my own build. I made a handlepole using my own castings, and aircraft grade aluminum tubing. I know that I should be concentrating on getting the ski done, but I really enjoy making new parts!

Attachments

• pole 012.jpg
    pole 012.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
You better put a disclaimer on that pic that it's only a prototype.

Looks great though, I really like the way the tubes blend in.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
lol, he likes my tubes. At least I didn't name it the boobie pole. I think I'll make a -3 this week, and give it away. Anyone interested?

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Well here we go again. I made more parts for my build ski. Hood hooks for the hood and hull. The hull side are stainless steel, and the hood side are machined aluminum.

Attachments

• lockers 003.jpg
    lockers 003.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 90
Top Bottom