11.15.08 pismo pics and vid w/FS1!

joe b

depth tester
The Rickter is the best hull for surf I have ever rode, it is like riding a 6' shortboard compared to a 9' longboard. I think this thing is the future of surf riding. Today was my second day on it and I can do manuvers I though were impossible. There will be a freeride edition soon!

Nice!!!! By the looks of the pics & vid it was easy for you to get use to. Do you do any mods or is the setup all stock???

wydopen

onthepipe
Nice!!!! By the looks of the pics & vid it was easy for you to get use to. Do you do any mods or is the setup all stock???

its stock..well ported 701 bpipe etc etc for the motor but it just has a reg length ride plate with no dcut and it dosnt have quicksteer as reccomended ( i guess it turns too quick with the steering set up all the way fast)..he likes it but i felt it could steer a little quicker but i only rode it for a short time and i didnt want to get too comfortable on it

Last edited:

wydopen

onthepipe
nobody noticed the frontside alleyoop 360 reentry attempts by taylor??...getting close, just needs a little hollower wave!! :arms::arms:

DSC_5718.jpg

Last edited:

joe b

depth tester
So how wide is the bottom on this boat??? To me the bottom does'nt look any wider, the bondrails are different. I wonder if that curved in the front bondrail is better for surf riding. I'm thinking that if it were straight it would catch the nose sooner and not have it bounce as much. It looks like fun:purr:

wydopen

onthepipe
I was scratching my head at those pics. I wanna see more....

ive seen him get REAL close on his old ski...one day he lauched this one on this overhead grinder...came SOO close...got the rotation perfect but was pretty vertical when he came down and was just a foot or two too far out the back..im sure he will have em down real soon

stanton

High on jetskis.
hes got the rotation nailed with this ski, just needs to figure out how to get out front. looks extremely painful to learn, i tryed and HA. tc is pro!

T Curtis

RRP/ RICKTER DEALER
Fs1

The hull is similar to a SJ in the back but more rocker in the bow and full length sponsons. Everything SJ bolts right in. Pre 08 pump and steering cable. I will try different ride plates but for now the long plate is working good. The pole is set up very short and it seems to be comfortable and work well. If anyone is interested I know of a complete one for sale with a group k 850 turn key for around $17000
This thing is pure fun!

P

PancakePete

Awesome Taylor... For that alleyoop ? you hitting it late and lobing it, or hammering into it sort of late... LOOKS AWESOME ! :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

i took it for a spin...i kind of had trouble riding it...the width really threw me off, on my sj i can really lay the thing over when i go to hit the lip...it seemed like the ski didnt respond as much to changing your weight distribution like a sj..for example i feel that you can ride a sj more off your backfoot...im not saying its a bad thing its just different... definitely easier to keep the nose up..

hmm,fs1 being compared to a 6 ft board vs a 9ft long board,makes me wonder if its not the rider weight that is making the diff,Taylor is a light weight and doesnt hurt he is ridiculous talented rider and could prolly rip a sxi. The fact you said you "didnt wana get to comy on it" makes me wonder if you were "gifted" one and rode it a little more if your opinion wouldnt change:raincloud:
It looks like the bond rails make the largest difference for the characteristics being described vs a SJ.Makes me wonder how a wider front rail would help out a SJ

Last edited:
hmm,fs1 being compared to a 6 ft board vs a 9ft long board,makes me wonder if its not the rider weight that is making the diff,Taylor is a light weight and doesnt hurt he is ridiculous talented rider and could prolly rip a sxi. The fact you said you "didnt wana get to comy on it" makes me wonder if you were "gifted" one and rode it a little more if your opinion wouldnt change:raincloud:
It looks like the bond rails make the largest difference for the characteristics being described vs a SJ.Makes me wonder how a wider front rail would help out a SJ

hey now...:sadwavey:

Top Bottom