SX/SXi/SXi Pro 110 Octane in So Cal?

Anyone know where they sell 110 octane in Southern California? Has anyone used octane booster in 91 to get to 110? I bought a 98 750 SXI with domed pistons, the seller said I need to run 110. Thanks for your help.

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
Hey Quinc not sure if its the same in your town ,but here where im at you need to be an authorized fuel vendor to sell race fuel nowadays .In a pinch I tried to go grab some from my old moto x connection and they informed me of the change in regulation .So here in town i go to a place called So-Co where they sell VP out of the pump for a good price @ $ 8.00 a gallon or the gas station local to me sells it in a pail for $ 63.00 dollars a 5 gallon. either way you have to fill out a form and is a bit of a pain all around

Last edited:
Any good motorcycle shop has five gallon pails but it is expensive. I can tell you that Temecula and San Diego have a few stations that sell it at the pump like Ol' Rubbertoe said and that is the way to go. Personally in that craft i would lower the compression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Hey Quinc not sure if its the same in your town ,but here where im at you need to be an authorized fuel vendor to sell race fuel nowadays .In a pinch I tried to go grab some from my old moto x connection and they informed me of the change in regulation .So here in town i go to a place called Sunnoco where they sell VP out of the pump for a good price @ $ 8.00 a gallon or the gas station local to me sells it in a pail for $ 63.00 dollars a 5 gallon. either way you have to fill out a form and is a bit of a pain all around

I have never tried to buy it before so I am not sure if that is a state or city/county thing.

So Cal Performance
9723 Washburn Rd
Downey, CA 90241

Has 110 and 114 at the pump, used to purchase it there all the time before I moved to NC. Owner is an awesome guy when he's not a grumpy bastard.

maybe you should do a compression test yourself. believe nothing that sellers say, they either lie or dont know. domed pistons in a kawi? must be some forged pop up pistons from an SBC. the head is what determines compression, not the pistons, unless you run kawi flat tops in a yamaha motor.
What kind of numbers should I see to dictate 110? I'm a newb.

Any good motorcycle shop has five gallon pails but it is expensive. I can tell you that Temecula and San Diego have a few stations that sell it at the pump like Ol' Rubbertoe said and that is the way to go. Personally in that craft i would lower the compression.

Would you lower it for fuel availability issues or something else? The seller told me it was fairly easy to lower the compression. Of course, everything is easy to do when your the seller.:) I can actually ask him to clarify.

What kind of numbers should I see to dictate 110? I'm a newb.
Compression? I have no idea, I had a 94 JS with an sxi motor, r&d head, factory pipe.. don't know what domes but was told by previous owner to run half pump and half race.

I always ran straight race gas in it. Ski loved it and I never had an issue with that built motor in the years I had it.

Its a recreational ski.....i would run recreational compression that allows the motor to be good with pump fuel (91 octane). Like Buzzard said check it first and go from there . Race fuel is just more work than fun thats all.

maybe you should do a compression test yourself. believe nothing that sellers say, they either lie or dont know. domed pistons in a kawi? must be some forged pop up pistons from an SBC. the head is what determines compression, not the pistons, unless you run kawi flat tops in a yamaha motor.
My bad. I miss understood the seller, the piston is not domed. Its an aftermarket head.

Top Bottom