Freestyle -13 SN 850, first backflip attempts

mr.fixitman760

if it aint broke, dont fix it
so I just built this ski and I finally got it tuned in, never tried a flip before and today was the day, I do feel like I didn't really put enough effort and force into it but like I said it only my first time and I also have NO TRIM lol first 2 times I just tested to see what would happened when I hit the gas and the 3rd one was the one I felt I actually tried, definitely gonna keep practicing next time I go out and will also try to geta trim system together too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that ski should flip just how it is, off a setup wake with the right tech..Its shortened and a 850. doable for sure in my opinion

not even close. you got about 1/4 of the way around. nice trying, but your hull is still a heavy tank. maybe with trim and a large , steep boat wake. 850 aint very big power. i've had more power in my xft and my green freak and neither one was/is easy to flip. trim is a must with what you got. just being honest...............and realistic.

not even close. you got about 1/4 of the way around. nice trying, but your hull is still a heavy tank. maybe with trim and a large , steep boat wake. 850 aint very big power. i've had more power in my xft and my green freak and neither one was/is easy to flip. trim is a must with what you got. just being honest...............and realistic.

0:25, Proof That It's Possible :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.fixitman760

I can agree on the trim but I definitely made it atleast half way, the nose of the ski hit the water first, plus I know for a fact I didn't try hard enough and on top of that I have never backflipped anything before in my life so im happy I made it this far.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
I think getting it upside down is going to be pretty easy. I think it would be possible on your boat. With trim and a boat wake. The slide to flip won't give YOUR particular boat enough height. Good effort. Don't get discouraged. Even landing upside down is fun!! That being said, bad ass square. What did it wind up weighing. I missed it in your build thread.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I can agree on the trim but I definitely made it atleast half way, the nose of the ski hit the water first, plus I know for a fact I didn't try hard enough and on top of that I have never backflipped anything before in my life so im happy I made it this far.

Halfway is easy. You can do half-way with a stock SJ it seems. It's the second half that takes far less weight, way more power, and/or a lot of skill. I've practiced BF's for way longer than I care to admit, and I have to tell you: what you have going on in that video are the very first beginnings of a flip and you will need more power, a different hull with less weight, and lots of practice.
Also, I don't think I'd start with power slide flips. I always had way more success with proper set up wakes.

mr.fixitman760

I think getting it upside down is going to be pretty easy. I think it would be possible on your boat. With trim and a boat wake. The slide to flip won't give YOUR particular boat enough height. Good effort. Don't get discouraged. Even landing upside down is fun!! That being said, bad ass square. What did it wind up weighing. I missed it in your build thread.

it came out to be about 30-40lbs lighter than it originally was.

mr.fixitman760

next time I definitely will try a setup wake, I tried making a few and it felt like it would push the ski up more, and im working on getting trim too, but for the ones saying I need more power you don't realize im a 17 year old kid entering my senior year, cant exactly poop the money for a billet 1100 and carbon hull.... im forced to make do with what I have, I would honestly be happy if I could get far enough to nose in but still land upright, not exactly plate to plate but good enough for me!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
It's not impossible with the ski you have, but I guarantee you will need trim and a LOT of practice. Assuming that the RTR weight isn't above 300 lbs and the engine isn't a total turd.

mr.fixitman760

It's not impossible with the ski you have, but I guarantee you will need trim and a LOT of practice. Assuming that the RTR weight isn't above 300 lbs and the engine isn't a total turd.
definitely under 300 lbs and the motor is a 62t cylinder with blowsion 850 sleeves, Honda cr500 pistons, ADA super-bore head 180psi, modified 38s with reed spacer and bored and ported B-pipe, I could easily pull more hp by upping the compression and maybe adding a lightened flywheel plus if I really wanted to I could bore it to a 900, I just love this setup because its virtually bullet proof and its perfect for my style of riding.

Top Bottom