155mm pump in SuperJet ???

I recently got a Waveblaster 2, for the 760 motor, and happen to notice that the 155 mm pump has the same bolt pattern as the 144 in the superjet. the shaft is .5" longer but could be swapped or shortened w/ ease. Does anyone do this or know if there is any advantage to this.

(I know i would need to do something with the pump shoe too, but the little technicalities are not what I am interested in hearing about.)

How about 89 mm PV cylinder with 6 mm stock crank 62T engine is big enough to push this 155 mm pump? I have try the Solas 148 mm pump in the 800 cc big bore have you try the 148 mm pump before? Thanks~

Big Kahuna

Administrator
We make a 155mm pump shoe for the conversion and can shorten the shaft as well. You would also need to modify the intake grate. We found the 155 pump hooks up better in the surf than the 144. Another benefit is the tilt. I am running a 148mm mag with a 144 tilt reduction nozzle in my REV.

https://www.waterdawgkustomz.com/proddetail.php?prod=155PSHOE

are you sure about the intake grate? I took a protec open grate that I had for a SJ and it bolted right up to our B2.

Waternut

Customizing addict
I'm going to revive this thread... What kind of engine do you think would be required to push a 155mm pump? Is it still going to be too much with a ported 701, total loss, and all the other bolt on goodies?

#ZERO

Beach Bum
I'd be curious to know if the hub and bearings are any larger on the 148mm or 155mm pumps.

Also is the pump center line the same or would it put the pump at a downward angle?

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
I'd be curious to know if the hub and bearings are any larger on the 148mm or 155mm pumps.

Also is the pump center line the same or would it put the pump at a downward angle?

Exactly what I was thinking (referencing the pump/driveshaft angle). When changing from the FX-1 pump (122mm) to the 144mm there was a downward thrust that messed up the high speed handling. I ended fixing that with trim.
But with the SJ there might be some similar problems related to driveline angle issues. Has anyone been successful with this pump swap? Does the pump rub the rideplate?

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
I spent years waiting and saving to put a 144 pump in my FX1.

Now I have a SJ and you say to put a 155 pump in it??!!

:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
Has anyone been successful with this pump swap? Does the pump rub the rideplate?

Yes, I am using a 148 mag pump on my REV ski. They start with a 155 pump and bore it out and insert the pump vains to make it a 148mm. Yes you have to modify the ride or the pump to make them fit. You have to cut a small hole in the ride plate where the pump and the reduction nozzle come together. I will post a pic of my ride plate soon.

By the way my 148 mag pump is for sale in the for sale section.

Dale

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
Here is the pic of my ride plate using a 155 pump housing. You can see what was removed to make it fit.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 380

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
Interesting.... you can't just mill down the pump down in that area? :scratchchin:

Where the hole is cut maybe, but why grind on $1200 mag pump. The bolt that holds the turn nozzle is another problem area.

Jeff just needs to change his ride plate mold so it is a little bit deeper. He needs to make one to be used with the 155 pump housing. Better Yet Chris should do this job.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
I can supply new intake grates with only the front holes drilled if anyone is doing the 155 swap. Then you'll just have to drill the rear holes in the proper location. If anyone has measurements I can pre-machine the proper hole pattern.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I am sure. The mount area on the shoe is towards the front. You can see this on our web page.

I never saw your response. but your mistaken. at one time I installed the Protec open grate and then the RIVA TriLoader that I use to run on my Round Nose. The Top Loader loaded up the pump too much....

Mine was a 96 B2, I do not think they made any changes to the 97 B2 in this area but who knows.

A GP760 would have a different intake track, but that was a 144 pump.

Top Bottom