300/440/550 1983 js440 questions

I just picked up this ski for $150 bucks this Saturday didn't run because someone decided to bypass the water separator and just put a filter on the line to the carb so I bypassed the filter and it fired up. But I didn't run it long because I no your not supposed to run them out of water. So my question is. Is there a spot to connect a hose to it so I can run it. Thanks!

stagesrt4

see ya out there
Site Supporter
there might be a fitting already attached to your head or exhaust

post pic of engine bay n ill varify for you

otherwise you can buy cheap adapters to do so... Atlantis just started offering one that plugs into the pisser

The black line goes directly to the exhaust manifold. also here's. Picture of the Ski. Steel for $150 bucks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
We'll I found out today I'm going to need go do a carb rebuild on it. A fuel filter is fine instead of using the water fuel separator he said and the reason why it won't suck through the filter is because I have a week diaphragm.

Ok. I'll remember that. Are the carbs really that hard to rebuild?

Not really, order GENUINE parts, not after market. Spray out every hole with carb cleaner, replace diaphram and filter.

Weak diaphram? I dunno about that, it either works or it doesn't. I'd try priming the fuel system by blowing into the return line. Also, make sure the check valve is working, and replace the fuel filter ANYWAY.

Top Bottom