1990 - 650 SJ - Metalflake

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
Well I finally got a couple pics up. Not putting together a build thread right now, will just post some pics in here I guess.

Worked on it from approx March - June. Small things killed me in the end and delayed the launch. Had an air leak at the carb that was corrected but hard to diagnose.

Don't have as many pics as I'd like, ski is at the cottage so I'll have to get some next time I'm up. No engine pics :banghead:

Bought it basically as a stock SJ, had footholds installed and thats about all I kept from it. Before pics and after.

Specs:

1990' hull
Black Metalflake topdeck
Lime Green Hull
12oz. biax reinforced sides and bottom of engine compartment with black pigment resin
24-7 knockoff footholds
New Black diamond turf
Protec Open Intake Grate
Worx Rideplate
Rule 500GPH Bilge

650 motor 0.75 over
150lbs - 150lbs per jug cold compression:biggthumpup:
Protec Recreational Head
Protec Pipe
Riva FA, on stock 44 carb, rejetted
New Coil & Plugs Wires
24-7 knockoff single pickup
New Stator last season
Primer

Goose Custom Roundnose to Squarenose Hull Aluminum Bracket
OEM Roundnose Pole -3"
Mowed down stock chinpad, turfed
X Metal Throttle (I mean Atlantic Jet Sports:smile:)...
ODI Xtreme Grips
Stock Turn Plate
Blowsion Green Anodized Fittings

Custom Slutty Mod Hood (Lowered 1-2", all vents blocked).
Custom Nosepiece (2part foam, 2 layers of 12oz, shaped like Roundnose, shaved bow eye)
Hydroturf Hood Seal (Garbage! replacing with D Seal or Stock ASAP)

Boat isn't bad at all. Needs more juice, but I'm trying to ride well with a 650 and bolt ons. Waiting to upgrade to a roundnose this winter. I'm riding better this year and figure if I can start throwing the ski around well with a 650, than I'll be ahead of the game with a little more :brap: next season.

I'm not into flatwater freestyle really... Would prefer windy days, and long rollers coming in. We get some up north occasionally, and riding Lake Ontario weekly were bound to run into some nice water.

Anyways...
Gallery Upload tool not liking some of my pics. Here are some of the boat now, the hood in mid progress, and the reinforcement of the hull.

Ski shows amazing in the sun, when its overcast looks like salt and pepper paintjob. Eitherway its fine with me.

normal_JetSki_003.jpg

normal_IMGP4343.JPG

650SJnose.JPG

650SJturf.jpg

650SJsidenoseshot.jpg

C-Rock87

Water Junky
nice! i painted the lower deck on my square lime green last week and i am painting the top deck soon with metallic gunmetal. square's rockin the lime together..

:beerchug:

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
Nope they are typical size flakes I got off Ebay. The seller was based in the UK. Apparently they shoot through a 2.0 nozzle (common nozzle). I didn't shoot them through a gun. I don't want to disclose my method as it will seem ghetto to many of you.

All right I will, tipped ski on whatever side I was painting. Shot it with clear very lightly just to make surface tacky. Salt and pepper shakered on the flake, cleared over. Wet sanded clear which pulled off all flakes that remained upright. Most of them flatten nicely when hit with clear. Some stick up though and need to be sanded off after drying.

There is many coats of lightly applied clear.

Rather_B_SLEDDING

Is it snowing yet?
Boat looks Schweet!

The Turf jobs is TITS! 3 pieces for the bottom and sides of the tray with no cuts!

Bring it home and we'll ride in the hammer next Wed, and Bring that Pete guy too.

W

wydopen

how do you get your pole off??..isnt the nose piece in the way?

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
Mine too. If I could do it again, I'd do colour on colour.

Orange flake - Candy Orange Base for example. Always looks great.

Top Bottom