1990 SJ SN Freestyle, First Ski, First Build

jetskiking

Im done sanding!!!
Appreciate the info, still going with the original plan, kinda have to stuff is already in the mail, the kicker for me is that I already know that the head, cylinder, crank are all in superb condition. Its also nice that they only have to modify the top end. Cost is 766, and I realize you can probably get a 701cc case, cylinder, head, for that price, but from what I read, and feel free to flame this comment, if you bore out a 633 to 701 and do some other basic top end mods you will blow away stock 701's. Do the same mods to that stock 701 and it will only be slightly faster.

http://www.groupk.com/y633-701.htm
I can promise you that is not the case. If you can find my build thread you will see that I have run exactly what you are talking about. My stock ported 61x in my avatar blew away the ported 6m6 bigbore all over the RPM range. With the 6M6 jugs and cases there is only so much that can be ground out. Dont get me wrong, their are some fast 6m6's but the cases and cylinders are limited. The 701 is a different world I promise. Take it from someone that used to say the same thing you did.

Top Bottom